You love to break things. You understand a system is only as good as its testing. You can create a masterful test plan but can just as easily test ‘off road’. You also love working with a team of diverse skills, backgrounds, and levels of experience. Complex problems are an enjoyable challenge. You strive for clean, bulletproof, scalable solutions, and appreciate the fact that creating a simple system from a complex set of requirements is a feat to be proud of. You are constantly aware of what you don’t know and are constantly learning new things to fill the gaps. You are aware that this is an endless cycle of growth and understanding, and revel in it.
You are result driven. You realize that understanding and articulating what is needed is more important than coming up with a complex solution for what is not.
You’ve been testing for a number of years, and understand the full spectrum of test planning, execution and automation. Your ideal day consists of a good split between understanding requirements, testing functionality, learning new techniques, and guiding teammates that may be less experienced than you are. You have an innate appreciation for continuous integration and test automation.
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working as part of an elite cross-functional development team, the Senior Quality Assurance Engineer will employ a wide-range of skills as they help usher their application from early design through iterative development, and out to production. This individual will execute manual and automated test plans, functional, integration, regression and performance testing and frameworks for responsive web and mobile applications. Above all, you will be expected to leverage a blend of your knowledge, creativity, and tenacity to build world-class solutions for difficult yet exciting business problems.
The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer is a leader who will collaborate with other team members to teach and grow their skills while subsequently learning and growing their own, all in the context of delivering the best possible solutions to the goals before them.
Using a blend of knowledge, creativity, and tenacity, the Senior Quality Assurance Engineer will work with the team to ensure quality product delivery that meets or exceeds expectations. A successful team member will leverage his or her knowledge and creativity to build world-class solutions for difficult yet exciting business problems.
Reporting to the Vice President of Engineering, the Senior Quality Assurance Engineer will have the following responsibilities and functions:
- Responsible for test planning, test script creation and a balance of manual and automated test execution
- Operates effectively interacting with members of the development team and operates effectively with the QA team to facilitate quick turnaround of enhancements and fixes.
- Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time and in high quality
- Demonstrates creative, technical and analytical skills
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments
- Educate new and existing team members on project specifics, various technologies, and testing approaches
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing test cases, scripts, plans and procedures of web and mobile applications to support Agile Scrum and waterfall development methodologies
- Understand of existing QA best practices and methodologies to design, implement and automate processes
- Prior success using a metrics-driven approach and closed-loop feedback to improve software deliverables and improve predictability and reliability of releases
- Must be proficient in analyzing highly complex issues and architectures and reducing them to practice
- Strong analytical skills are essential
- Must have excellent communication and team management skills to effectively collaborate with the development teams
- Must be self-motivated and a "self-starter"
- Team player with the ability and desire to become an integral part of a fast-paced team
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment
- Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to clear roadblocks and meet time sensitive deadlines
- A motivator with an optimistic yet realistic "can do" attitude
- Ability to travel on occasion based on client needs (10-25%)
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary with bonus
- Complete benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Stable company with growing revenue
- Flexible work from home and vacation policies
- New equipment of choice
- Work with cutting edge technologies in many spaces
- Office locations in Boston, Chicago, Charlotte, and San Jose Costa Rica