We are looking to add a Senior Software Engineer to our visualization tools team to continue our development of tools that enable the advancement of our autonomous vehicle technology. This team works closely with various software and and R&D teams to come up with custom and standard solutions to improve visualizations.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and develop 3D visualization applications
- Work with a team of Autonomy Software Engineers to develop tools for SAE Level-4/5 autonomous driving service development
- Create software that will enable the next generation of Autonomous Mobility Platforms
- Work in a test-driven Scrum-Agile software development environment
- Support the full software development life-cycle including in-car testing of the tools you create
What we're looking for:
- BS or postgraduate degrees in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer graphics/Visualization or equivalent knowledge and work experience
- 5+ years of professional experience developing Qt-based applications, 3D Graphics intensive applications for one or more of these areas: Simulations, Visualization, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality
- Good understanding of 3D modeling, rendering, scene graphs, and high performance graphics
- Good understanding of the mathematics behind 3D visualization, robotics navigation and sensor systems
- Experience with Qt, OpenGL, C++, and Git for version control
- Good understanding of how to design, implement, test, and extend high quality software products
- Experience architecting visualization tools for performance and maintainability
- You must be comfortable, productive, and innovative, on the Linux development platform
Bonus Points (not required):
- Experience with one or more modern visualization, gaming and physics engines
- Experience with C++17, Conan, Jenkins, Cmake and unit testing frameworks
- Experience with QML, Docker, and OpenSceneGraph
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industrys largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the worlds first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the worlds most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the worlds largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.