The Business Lines Underwriting Effectiveness team within GRM Product is looking for a Senior Project Manager to lead complex underwriting projects focused on transforming the underwriting organization. This role will require individuals to work cross functionally, think strategically/big picture and then focus on the details to create executable project plans. These are high visibility projects and require the individual to be a confident, highly effective communicator and presenter as most of the work will be seen at the senior leadership level. This candidate must have experience in leading cross functional projects and prior commercial lines underwriting experience is strongly preferred.
Please note this is a range Grade 17-18 posting; consideration will be given based on related professional and technical experience.
- Manages a portfolio of projects to include those considered complex in nature with function-wide and/or SBU-wide impact
- Provides thought leadership within individual projects and within the team
- Defines the business case with input from stakeholders. Identifies and gains agreement on project objectives, scope, timing, and resources
- Plans activities/tasks that will deliver the desired results and oversees day-to-day work and monitoring of progress towards goals. Ensures resources are optimally sourced and deployed
- Conducts project meetings and prepares regular reports to communicate the status of projects to stakeholders within and beyond the project team
- Adeptly builds consensus and gains buy-in among stakeholders across the organization
- Escalates and works to resolve issues that serve as roadblocks and/or place project objectives at risk
- Identifies and provides visibility into trade-offs between options, while strongly influencing recommended approach.
- In addition to project management, may also perform some of the work defined in the project roles and responsibilities including but not limited to research and analytics
- Performs project close-out steps to include identifying lessons learned/best practices to inform the success of future projects
- Applies continuous improvement methodologies throughout the project management lifecycle
- Provides mentoring to less experienced staff
- Embraces the agile principles and incorporates the methodologies into the project plan
- Expert-level ability in managing all aspects of the project management life cycle for multiple projects at one time to include those complex in nature. Advanced knowledge of project management tools.
- Advanced business operations knowledge including BL underwriting processes & systems strongly preferred.
- Strong ability to adapt and address unique challenges in collaborative and creative ways.
- Displays advanced communication, organizational, analytical, critical thinking, strategic thinking, and team building skills as well as advanced presentation, influencing, and relationship management skills.
- Competencies typically acquired through a Bachelor`s degree or equivalent experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience to include project management work. Project management certification strongly preferred.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.