The Senior Project Director is a key role on our Professional Services team which is responsible for working cross-functionally to build and manage implementation projects. In this role, you will build and develop a highly skilled team of Project Managers and Project Directors who can successfully deliver HealthEdge solutions to our customers. We are looking for a strong leader with proven management experience who can coach, mentor and provide growth opportunities for the team. In addition, you will provide support to the entire Professional Services organization by overseeing development of best practices, processes, and accelerators with the goal of streamlining implementations, reducing project cost, and eliminating waste.
Experience working as a project manager implementing enterprise software applications for the healthcare industry is required.
Please note this is a remote position which will require 50% travel to customer sites across the US.
What you will do:
- Hire, manage, grow and develop Project Managers and Project Directors.
- As a leader in the organization, provide mentorship and growth opportunities for your staff.
- Review current demand for Project Managers with the Resource Manager and identify hiring needs.
- Manage the development & maintenance of key artifacts to ensure they sync with HealthEdge Project Methodology including estimate templates, SOWs, project plan templates, and Open Air tasks.
- Maintain a prioritized backlog of “accelerators” to be investigated, documented and created or improved. Accelerators may include standardized processes, standard configurations, reusable code or tools that will reduce the time, cost, and risk of implementations.
- Work with Finance and Operations to estimate the costs and efficiency gains of the proposed accelerators and create cost/benefit analyses to drive prioritization of proposed changes. Analyze market and pipeline data to recommend where accelerator investments are most needed.
Lead cross-functional initiatives to create, document and improve accelerators by:
- Establishing baselines for existing processes from historical data
- Working with line managers and the Resource Manager to allocate time needed from subject matter experts
- Facilitating cross-functional sessions to design accelerators and setting measurable targets for improvement
- Managing a cross-functional team to ensure processes are documented and reusable artifacts and libraries are created so they can be accessed easily by the team. This may include process maps, design and requirements documents, ROI models, internal and customer-facing presentation materials, and other documents as required
- Training and communicating new processes to new and existing team members, including Professional Services, Account Management, Sales and DevOps
- Gathering feedback for continuous improvement by creating and tracking metrics and driving lessons learned meetings. Reporting on outcomes cross-functionally and feeding recommended improvements into the backlog for prioritization
- Regularly reporting on progress and pipeline of all accelerator development across HealthEdge.
- Developing reporting framework and KPI’s to track effectiveness of accelerators
- Maintaining progress against investment/accelerator plan timeframe and budget
- Perform all job functions consistent with HealthEdge policies and procedures, including those which govern handling PHI and PII
What you bring:
- Experience working as a project manager implementing enterprise software applications for the healthcare industry is required
- Experience working within the healthcare domain on the payer side is required
- Prior HealthEdge implementation experience is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated management experience specifically with growing, coaching, mentoring and developing team members
- Strong knowledge of customer, industry business practices, and value offerings
- Demonstrable ability to establish and enforce effective PMO strategies, methodologies and processes
- Experience with implementation accelerators
- Prior experience playing key role in PMO organization
- Proficiency in Agile Development Methodology
- Excellent analytical and verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent education/experience
- PMP certification preferred
- The ability to travel 50% to customer sites across the US as needed.
HealthEdge commits to building an environment and culture that supports the diverse representation of our teams. We aspire to have an inclusive workplace. We aspire to be a place where all employees have the opportunity to belong, make an impact and deliver excellent software and services to our customers.