Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. Were hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the worlds most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
We are looking for a Senior Program Manager who will be responsible for driving projects within the Customer Success organization. This position plays a key role in cross-functional team leadership and driving teams to ensure project success. You will work closely with the Customer Success Operations leaders to define the projects, ensure teams are on track for successful execution of key deliverables, milestones and outcomes required for initiative success. The ideal candidate will be an experienced technical Program Manager who will drive and manage cross-functional activities and key operational processes in a fast-paced environment, with a strong ability to collaborate across all functions of the company and manage all aspects of the project execution.
- Guide the organization through the various stages of the development lifecycle, managing and coordinating cross-functional dependencies, while ensuring the successful delivery of projects/initiatives that are aligned with Brightcoves strategic goals.
- Evaluate existing processes and procedures. Make recommendations and drive process improvement and adoption of best practices (processes, tools, etc) to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Be a change agent: Identifying ways to improve processes and remove bottlenecks to systematically improve how we deliver value to customers.
- Aggregate, organize, and synthesize program and project information in order to encourage transparency and facilitate cross-functional communication throughout projects.
- Drive and manage project risks, including identification, analysis, communication, monitoring and control, while increasing the probability of positive events.
- Manage and drive complex decision making and problem solving in a decisive, confident and prompt manner.
- Collaborate closely with teams regarding project definition, project schedule, commitments, and project-related decisions.
- Plan, organize, and direct one large or several small to medium sized projects
- Ultimately responsible for planning and coordinating staff, managing costs, quality, technical compliance and schedule.
- Prepare annual budgets
- Develop and implement recovery plans for off-schedule and unanticipated eventualities.
- Coordinate with customers to provide necessary program status and obtain customer feedback.
- Recommend new processes where needed to improve quality or on-time delivery.
- Ability to assess problems and solve them with a strong sense of urgency while thinking strategically and focusing on business growth
- Proficiency in communicating and breaking down higher-level, complex business strategy
- 8+ years of program/project management experience. A combined history of product management and customer support experience (or a software engineering degree) are ideal.
- Proven program/project manager with a passion for driving large, complex enterprise transformational projects to completion
- PMP/PMI certification is a plus
- Ability to work autonomously and with minimal supervision, collaborating and escalating as needed
- Familiarity with standard project management disciplines, tools, practices and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrates strong facilitation and organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to build relationships and collaborate with a variety of personalities and styles
- Experience managing projects with remote/geographically dispersed team members
These are the qualifications and experience we are targeting but we also are excited to have an opportunity to teach you technologies and skills you've never used before. All we ask for is creativity and tenacity in solving the problems that we are tackling together.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as generous PTO - and we expect you to use it!
We are currently all working remotely due to Covid-19 and plan to return to an in-office experience once it is safe to do so. This role can be offered as a fully remote position or, when we return, can be located in our Boston office which is located downtown, in Fort Point harbor. This Brightcove office has an open working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. While you wont get to experience the in-office culture immediately, you will feel it remotely and be able to participate actively. We have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove and more to come!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please note that while this job description is an accurate description of the role, it is also subject to change during the course of this search.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!