Office Tour Photos
Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We are passionate about online video, and day in and day out we help our customers focus on using video to move their business in meaningful ways in broadcasting, publishing, marketing, or enterprise communications. We do this through continuous technical innovation, nurturing a broad video-centric ecosystem, and by being a true partner to our customers. Video moves us and it moves our customers, nearly 5,500 of them in 70 countries.
We are looking for a Senior Program Manager who will be responsible for driving projects within the Product & Engineering organization. This position plays a key role in cross-functional team leadership and driving teams to ensure project success. You will work closely with the CPO to define the projects, ensure teams are on track for successful execution of key deliverables, milestones and outcomes required for initiative success. The ideal candidate will be an experienced technical Program Manager who will drive and manage cross-functional activities and key operational processes in a fast-paced environment, with a strong ability to collaborate across all functions of the company and manage all aspects of the project execution.
- Guide the organization through the various stages of the development lifecycle, managing and coordinating cross-functional dependencies, while ensuring the successful delivery of products that are aligned with Brightcoves strategic goals.
- Evaluate existing processes and procedures. Make recommendations and drives process improvement and adoption of best practices (processes, tools, etc) to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Be a change agent: Identifying ways to improve processes and remove bottlenecks to systematically improve how we deliver value to customers.
- Aggregate, organize, and synthesize program and project information in order to encourage transparency and facilitate cross-functional communication throughout projects.
- Drive and manage project risks, including identification, analysis, communication, monitoring and control, while increasing the probability of positive events.
- Manage and drive complex decision making and problem solving in a decisive, confident and prompt manner.
- Collaborate closely with teams regarding project definition, project schedule, commitments, and project-related decisions.
- 5+ years of software program/project management experience. A combined history of product management, engineering work, and customer support experience (or a software engineering degree) are ideal.
- Proven program/project manager with a passion for driving large, complex enterprise transformational projects to completion. PMP/PMI certification a plus.
- Ability to work autonomously and with minimal supervision, collaborating and escalating as needed.
- Familiarity with standard project management disciplines, tools, practices and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrates strong facilitation and organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to build relationships and collaborate with a variety of personalities and styles.
- Experience managing projects with remote/geographically dispersed team members.
- Undergraduate degree in a technical or business field is strongly preferred.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Debate Club, Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, sports teams, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
More Jobs From