At Wistia we are making business more human through our video marketing platform. Making good product decisions requires deep insight into the workflows, experiences, unmet needs and challenges faced by marketers.
Were looking for a key member of our user research team to enhance research as a core function across Wistia and define how we put users first. someone with experience, confidence and leadership skills as well as a passion for talking to users early and often to gather the knowledge needed to guide our product development efforts. As a Product Researcher you will be partnered with a group of product teams and collaborate directly with both the Group PM, product, engineering, and design teams to plan and execute work.
As a Senior Product Researcher, you will help ensure that we:
- Shape the product and the market- Wistias strategy requires our teams being very close to our customers to deeply understand their needs and then help anticipate what they want before they know to ask. A deep understanding of our product and our competitors is critical because researchers at Wistia help us think about how to deliver value right now and shape the market to bring more customers.
- Stay customer-focused. Youll spend a lot of your time talking to customers, understanding their problems, and validating that your teams solutions solve a real problem for them.
- Keep it simple Simplicity is the highest form of beauty. We value simplicity in everything we do and we want our busy customers to have simple, seamless experiences with our platform. To do that we need to understand our customers and how they work and evaluate how our app can improve their experiences. We want to take the simplest approach to getting the information we need.
- Collaborate across teams- Research is integral to our product strategy. We all care deeply about creating outstanding experiences for our users, and whether it is evaluating potential solutions or generative work spotting opportunities for innovation, your work will have big effects across the organization.
- Move insights into action- In addition identifying gaps in knowledge and conducting qualitative research, youll put the pieces together to tell compelling stories and make recommendations on opportunities for improvement and innovation.
- Experience researching products in B2B SaaS for 5+ years, with a plus if your work includes marketing-focused products.
- Experience leading customer research, design/product validation, concept design, surveys, ideation sessions, usability evaluation, and other modern design practices. You may be a mixed-methods researcher, however you are comfortable spending most of your time in qualitative research from planning and recruiting all the way to analysis and insights.
- Familiarity with basic UX benchmarking along with familiarity with tools that track and measure user behavior (ex Pendo, Fullstory, segment etc)
- You can match the method to the problem at hand, but no matter the approach, you specialize in generating actionable insights that deepens understanding of the user experience and drives product strategy.
- Enthusiasm for listening to customers AND talking strategy with teammates. You can see all sides of an issue but know how to make a hard decision too. You know how to prioritize research needs and approaches across multiple work streams to work on the right project, scale, and scope at the right time.
- Outstanding communication skills: written, verbal, and listening
- Experience with building trust and relationships with the right users to inform product questions
- Systems thinker who can build out research frameworks and assemble tools to enable efficient frequent cycles of user feedback
- Eagerness to help bring others along with your thinking and build systems for including more employees in research throughout the organization
We try to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. Were proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We care a lot, so our benefits are actually benefits, not just the fun stuff like swag and snacks in the office (though we also have lots of those too!).
We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A great compensation package
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you contribute
- Profit Sharing!
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 16 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
We have a beautiful office in Cambridge, MA, but were all working remotely (all 100+ of us) right now. Permanently remote applicants will be considered, but well give priority to local applicants, those willing to relocate, and those within 3 hours of EST.