Product Marketing Manager, SaaS Protection
Datto is seeking a dynamic Product Marketing Manager (PMM) with experience in security and SaaS products to join the growing Datto marketing team. This individual will be responsible for all product marketing activities including market-sizing, crafting of personas, product positioning, and messaging, and will play a critical role in developing and driving the go-to-market strategy and influencing product direction.
Working with a global cross functional team that includes product management, engineering, executive leaders, marketing, sales and business development, the PMM will lead the marketing efforts for Dattos all new SaaS Protection security product. As a leading business owner of this product area they will build and execute the strategic marketing plan, while developing and creating core deliverables outlined in the plan. Strong attention to detail, an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into business benefit is crucial. The PMM is expected to become the expert in the market as well as the buyers of their products and to fully understand their buying criteria and buying process. They will be responsible for transferring that knowledge to the companys global sales, marketing and executive teams and creating supporting content.
Working at Datto is exciting and fun. While office closures have forced us to rework some of our signature employee perks - such as free lunches, talent shows, ping pong tournaments and happy hours - our culture of working hard and playing hard remains strongly intact. Ranked in ComputerWorlds best places to work in IT, Datto cares about its employees, fostering their growth and empowering them to succeed. But if you are looking for a rigid, methodical work environment that never changes, this isnt the job for you. Individuals will need to be comfortable working in an unstructured and fast-paced environment. This is a rapidly growing company with opportunities galore, and your work here as an individual contributor can and will make a difference. As we often say, its not work. Its Datto.
Act as a recognized technical and business expert and owner of your product. Execute the following activities:
- Rapidly understand SaaS protection security product and the potential fit in the market
- Conduct regular partner interviews and surveys to test ideas and to gain a better understanding of the market and the competition
- Develop market requirements to capture the needs and segmentation of channel partners and customer
- Create product positioning and messaging for the Datto SaaS security product
- Build and execute a marketing plan for how to leverage Public Relations, Analyst Relations, content, demand gen, social media, and other marketing levers to establish and grow product demand and awareness
- Develop go-to-market content and collateral, including sales presentations, demos, and competitive write-ups
- Work with the international marketing team to create/modify product collateral for the international markets
- Gather and analyze product performance and operational metrics
- Develop and deliver sales ready messaging for the purpose of enabling sales execution
- Work with sales enablement to develop training curriculum that reflects the appropriate messaging for our new SaaS security product
- Use data and research to continually influence product strategy and evolve go-to-market plans
- Bachelors degree or global equivalent in business or technology field required. An MBA is preferred.
- 5 years minimum experience in product marketing for security and/or SaaS software vendors.
- Experience working with the MSP channel a plus.
- Pragmatic Marketing Certification a plus.
- Understands how to effectively coordinate efforts on a global scale.
- Understands business concepts and is able to refine and then resolve ambiguous problems or issues.
- Able to effectively convey information to a wide variety of audiences, from executives to customers, suppliers, and partners.
- Uses understanding of organizational decisions to make informed choices relating to the product family.
- Able to analyze and interpret data and metrics and use information to make informed decisions.
- Demonstrates strong writing and presentation skills.
- Develops skill to manage teams; uses basic skills to influence team members.
- Able to negotiate at a cross-functional level; is willing to give and receive feedback.
- Shows initiative and demonstrates leadership commensurate with the scope of responsibilities.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.