Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus Wholesale is a new, ground-breaking pillar of CarGurus. Our team focuses on helping CarGurus dealers obtain inventory from a variety of sources, while building outstanding products that allow consumers to sell their vehicles. This nascent segment is a primary focus of CarGurus and has been bolstered by our acquisition of CarOffer LLC in January 2021. As a Senior Product Manager you will have a leading part of CarGurus disruption of this multi-billion dollar market.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager for our Wholesale team to help define and scale our efforts to build products that empower dealers to source and sell their inventory. This role is highly cross-functional and requires robust product management experience, strong analytical abilities, creative problem solving, and a passion for innovation. You will work closely with sales, marketing, engineering, the leadership team, and CarGurus dealer base.
What You'll Do:
- Develop the vision and strategy for automotive products that help dealers to source and sell their inventory
- Identify consumer & dealer needs and translate those insights into impactful product innovations. Solicit input via surveys, focus groups and direct 1-on-1 conversations to test and refine product initiatives
- Partner closely with our world class engineering team, sales and marketing to help guide development and messaging of these new products
- Analyze data on product usage to drive product performance optimization
- Partner with CarOffer, our latest acquisition, to leverage our consumer audience and dealer base to help fuel CarGurus growth
- Work cross functionally with the broader business and effectively communicate team plans and results
- Communicate with senior leaders across the company to define strategy, work plans and results of new product initiatives
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of product management experience in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Have taken a lead product role in developing innovative, B2B SaaS solutions
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Startup mentality; willing to pitch in wherever needed and wear many hats. Knows when to pivot
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation experience
- Ability and experience working and influencing cross-functionally with multiple teams across the organization
- Ability to manage projects of varying size and scope simultaneously while prioritizing appropriately
- Ability to effectively liaison with internal teams, and able to adapt style to work closely with varying personality types
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.