Love dogs? This is the place for you!
Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, letting us give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, which are a fantastic population for genetic discovery due to selective breeding over time. Our research focuses on mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? Were looking for highly motivated and driven employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
This role is designed for an experienced Product Manager with a proven track record of finding product-market fit and scaling a product in the veterinary channel. This individual will be our first designated hire to shape, build, and enter the veterinary channel. They will need to possess the skills to work independently on short-term execution, while strategically planning a longer-term roadmap to inform the product build to support this new channel.
The ideal candidate is data driven, naturally curious, and has the ability to work collaboratively across functions. This person will be the voice for their product area, driving and managing key activities to ensure their products and Embarks success. Experience managing products in the veterinary space a must.
- Gather veterinary customer needs and feedback through frequent research and testing
- Analyze consumer research to develop key insights. Research and identify opportunities to innovate on behalf of veterinarians
- Articulate a vision for how Embark can enter the veterinary channel that drives business growth and helps improve the lives of dogs
- Liaise with Marketing, Engineering, Science, and Veterinary Geneticists to build and execute the go-to-market plan for new product launch
- Translate product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance criteria
- Manage KPIs and create reports for the veterinary channel to be shared with senior leadership
- Iterate on existing and execute product development processes that lead to high-velocity, high-impact solutions to problems
This person will report to the Head of New Product Development.
- 5-8 years of business experience
- At least 2 years of experience in the veterinary channel, directly interacting with veterinarians
- At least 2 years of product management experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to partner with business and technical teams
- Flexible with regards to changing priorities & business needs
- Possessing creativity, a passion to excel, and a strong desire to win
- Experience running focus groups and synthesizing customer feedback, as well as partnering directly with UX and engineering teams
- Ability to articulate a vision driven by consumer insights
- A strong desire to learn and define an emerging channel in a rapidly growing and dynamic startup environment
- Experience developing go to market strategies
What We Offer:
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking services and paw-ternity leave
- Startup perks with big-company benefits
- Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid maternal and paternal leave
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education including attending conferences
Embark Veterinary Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.