Indigo is a high growth innovative agriculture company based in Boston. We have an extraordinary opportunity to help farmers harness nature to feed the planet in a sustainable manner. Our biological advancements enable us to work with farmers to improve agriculture in a way that creates enormous economic value while benefiting the environment and providing consumers a more natural food supply.
Indigos first priority is ensuring we pay our customers quickly, accurately, and transparently. As a Senior Product Manager for Settlements at Indigo you will have the opportunity to collaborate with many teams across the organization to make that a reality. We believe that understanding our customers problems is critical to helping us prioritize the right features into a strong roadmap, and you will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of settlement problems for both external customers of the company and internal users of our platform.
In this role, you will tackle complex technical challenges that involve foundational questions about how the settlement process works across our three marketplace business units (Grain, Transport, & Carbon). You will become an expert in Indigos transaction management process flows, including the Indigo accounting processes for recording revenue and paying suppliers.
You will develop settlement software for internal users with an eye towards improving internal processes that result in a better customer experience.
What does a successful product look like at Indigo?
Good products must be designed with an unwavering focus on the users they serve and the customers they ultimately benefit. You will take a lead role in understanding customer needs, how our business meets those needs, and how our technology can help the business do that better and more efficiently.
How do we work?
We are not perfect. In fact, we are learning through trial and error every day. We try new things, take risks, make educated guesses and move quickly. We arent dogmatic, but we believe in the tenets of agile development. Excellent communication and collaboration skills are a must.
- Develop deep understanding of existing Grain Marketing settlement platform solution and capabilities
- Transform our existing solution into a defined set of services that can be leveraged across all of our offerings
- Define and lead the implementation of Carbon Settlement services
- Analyze industry best-practices and present to Technology leadership
- Collaborate with multiple teams across the indigo organization to help determine the business impact and short and long-term vision for your product
- Maintain a prioritized backlog in support of that vision
- Create and prioritize use cases
- Evaluate partner strategy (internal and external)
- Understand market competition and product positioning
- Assume primary Product Ownership responsibilities (roadmap, user stories, prioritization, stakeholder buy-in)
- Participate in agile software product management and development best practices definition and execution, inculcating and championing those best practices at Indigo
- Institute and execute stakeholder review meetings for product or product line at agreed-to cadence
- Work closely with all internal product related teams to ensure alignment across Product Development processes
- Work directly with internal technical teams as customers.
- Execute customer-driven culture in how we prioritize and allocate our Technology investment
- Establish clear and concise communications channels with stakeholders within the organization (i.e. Business, Engineering, Marketing) to provide context about the why and visibility into product or product line decisions and process for decision making
- Establish trust with internal customers to allow for a regular cadence of communication which helps to get design feedback early and often
- Set clear expectations and be able to communicate the value of technical projects to non-technical stakeholders
- Able to balance customer-centricity, stakeholder expectations and technical feasibility for software product or product line, clearly articulating tradeoffs
- Able to define, gain buy-in from stakeholders and drive product vision for a specific software product or product line
- Able to translate business needs into use cases and technology specifications
- Highly aligned and deep understanding of company strategy and key outcomes
- Process orientation with strong time-management skills and flexibility to change course, as needed
- Effectively works as a member of a team, with great listening, and oral and written communication skills
- Able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions
- Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to deliver on agreed-to outcomes in the agreed-to timeframes
- Ability to balance technical requirements across external customers and internal users
- Fluent in the use of data to drive prioritization
- Active Communication skills (communicating out and listening successfully)
- 4+ years of overall technology experience
- Experience delivering internal-facing software solutions
- Previous ownership of scrum team prioritization
- Previous settlement and/or payment platform experience strongly preferred
- Accounting/Finance background a plus