Senior Product Manager, Platform
We are a rapidly growing company thats revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an extraordinary commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help craft the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
As a Senior Product Manager of Data Platform, you will spearhead initiatives that will transform the strategy and architecture surrounding Toasts rich data set. This is a highly strategic role that will make significant business impact. You will focus on exploring opportunities with a rich, diverse data set - turning those opportunities into revenue opportunities for Toast along the top and bottom line.
As an important member of the Product Platform team, you will interface with many other Toast teams across Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Account Management and Customer Support to build and shape innovative data products and strategies.Toast is experiencing explosive growth and is looking to transform its data platform to be able to scale with the growth of the company and its customers needs.
As a Senior Product Manager on our Data Platform team, you will:
- Work with the Senior Director of Product Management for Platform in creating a well thought out product vision and strategy for the data platform initiative.
- Become the owner of your product taking responsibility for the creation of product specs, business analysis for prioritization, product performance metrics and product roadmaps.
- Learn the Toast platform and become an expert on how data flows through out the Toast ecosystem.
- Work to understand the pain and opportunity of your internal customers - Toasts software teams. Synthesize that data into quantifiable opportunity that can be directly translated into product platform roadmap.
- Perform market research and competitive analysis. Understand how competitors are leveraging data to compete in win and in the space.
- Collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data to identify and prioritize new platform opportunities.
- Creatively overcome challenges to quickly get your data products to market via prioritization and rapid iterations - often needing to work with internal teams to coordinate support and release of the product.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and fulfill product requests while meeting tight deadlines.
- Follow-up with customers and internal stakeholders directly regarding product feedback and feature requests.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 5+ years of product management experience.
- 2+ years of product experience working within a platform team.
- Excellent analytical abilities. Able to anticipate and design analytical products.
- Strong proficiency with documenting complex data flows and transformations.
- Strong proficiency with data science technology, modeling and statistical theory.
- Proficiency with data engineering technology.
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills.
- Knowledge of restaurant and hospitality industry.
- Experience as a product owner.
- Experience as an agile coach or Scrum Master.