Senior Product Manager, Online Video/TV
The Advertising Technology Product Team builds the global engine for the worlds leading online home destination that powers our customer acquisition and retention efforts touching more than a billion consumers.
The Video/TV Senior Product Manager will own the roadmap and execution around Wayfairs technology platform that manages planning, execution, and experimentation for online video and traditional TV media programs, with a strong focus on advertising. This includes major partnerships with Google/YouTube, the programmatic ecosystem and traditional broadcast networks.
In addition to collaborating with Engineering and Data Science to specify, build products and integrate with vendors, the PM will tightly partner with Marketing channel leaders to understand their business goals as they relate to online video and TV. The PM should be a product athlete, fluent in Agile and leading frameworks, with a long history of successfully designing and launching B2B products.
This position is currently 100% remote through mid to late 2021. We're based in Boston and the team is located there, so we offer relocation but are open to a remote work set-up for the right person.
- Own product development and roadmaps for Wayfairs online video and TV marketing platform.
- Partner with Marketing stakeholders to deeply understand their businesses and co-develop potential solutions to supercharge growth, improve marketing efficiency, and increase automation.
- Work with external vendors such as Google, broadcast networks and connectedTV networks (vMPVDs) to fully leverage their capabilities, identify breakthrough opportunities, and resolve operational issues. In addition, provide the best way to share and receive relevant Wayfair data to better power personalization, targeting and attribution.
- Collaborate with product leads on video/TV advertising, paid search, and other marketing channels to ensure were building the right omnichannel capabilities in the right place.
- Use Agile processes to collaborate with Engineering and Data Science to execute on the roadmap while harnessing the power of emerging technologies.
- Work with larger Ad Tech Team to ensure tight technological and strategic alignment with Wayfairs overall platform.
- Communicate and evangelize the product vision and progress throughout Wayfair from C-level stakeholders on down.
- Develop and monitor OKRs for key product initiatives and ensure alignment with stakeholder objectives.
- Work with leadership to improve product craft and processes throughout the extended Ad Technology and Customer Intelligence T
Desired Skills / Experience
- 3+ years building adtech or martech products with focus on at least one of the following - online video, MVPDs and/or broadcast networks. Additional experience as a video/TV marketer or analyst designing and running campaigns a plus.
- Solid understanding of the mechanics of video and TV advertising with hands-on media planning, campaign optimization and campaign attribution work with Google/YouTube, Nielsen, Media Ocean/Strata/etc. tools and products.
- Builder mentality -- you think in terms of customer problems and technology solutions and have demonstrated success in creating business-focused products, not just maintaining the work of others.
- 5+ years in B2B software/SaaS product management with exposure to the full lifecycle from concept to launch and beyond, with a full toolbox of PM tools relating to ideation, solution design, Agile methods, and stakeholder management.
- Sufficient technical literacy to both understand the underpinnings of products to make key decisions as well as effectively communicate with engineers and data scientists.
- Knowledge of the adtech/martech vendor space, key players, and how ads flow through the ecosystem of three-letter acronyms.
- Work in e-commerce, either for large online retailers or for technology service providers, a strong plus.
- Solid SQL data wrangling skills, esp. Google Big Query, and ability to create data stories and reports with visualization tools such as Looker. Experience calling
- APIs using modern syntaxes, such as Python, a plus.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills at the senior leadership level.
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude.
- A no excuses mentality that pushes through issues with creative solutions and tenacity, while maintaining a grace-under-pressure demeanor.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.