Senior Product Manager with an outside-in perspective
We are seeking an innovative, analytical and experienced Senior Product Manager to lead market analysis, specification, development and launch of current and next-generation products.
You will work within a team of highly talented and dedicated peers of product managers, and work closely with a global cross functional team consisting of engineering, design/UX, sales, manufacturing and operations and customer support to define, develop and manage new product introduction (NPI) efforts for the industrial automation space. Furthermore, you will be interfacing with current and future potential customers to analyze market needs and wants and use that information to identify meaningful business opportunities and drive product strategy and prioritize product development.
Work cross-functionally in a global organization driven by R&D
Cross-functional collaboration is key in your role and you will have many touchpoints in the organization. You will work with:
- Engineering and design/UX to help design and deliver new products by following new product introduction process best practices
- Engineering and the design teams to develop actionable product plans and actively manage the feature backlog ensuring that the organization delivers products which positively impact business results on time and to specification
- Manufacturing and operations to manage new product introduction initiatives
- Project manager and core team to ensure product requirements and milestones are met
- The Support organization to prioritize, escalate and communicate resolution of high priority field reported issues
- Marketing and Sales – supporting them in their work by leading the development and maintenance of various technical marketing collateral including application notes, FAQs, product notes, user guides, field training presentations, online marketing content and demos
Manage the product lifecycle from cradle to grave with an outside-in perspective
- Create detailed market requirements, customer use cases, business cases, detailed product requirements, and go-to-market plans
- Analyze the existing pricing structure and ensure it drives maximum value for our company
- Develop hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive products and maintain technical and commercial analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses
- Coordinate the collection, description, analysis and prioritization of requests for product functionality from customers, prospects and internal constituencies
- Track feedback during beta testing of new products and features. Document and report problems and recommend solutions/improvements. Participate in product performance benchmarking activities.
- Contribute to company-wide product strategy and roadmap definition and management
- Develop and communicate clear value proposition messaging for the products. Supported by relevant product training and marketing content.
- Serve as an evangelist for next-generation robotic systems while growing market share of current products
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America, Europe, and Asia, up to 30%.
Qualification, Experience, Skills & Educational background
You come with a minimum of 5 years of product management experience bringing complex hardware products comprised of mechanical, electrical, embedded and software systems through the full product life cycle. Demonstrable experience with agile product development processes that flows through stage gates, as well as with common customer development / voice of customer (VOC) techniques. Furthermore, we expect you to come with:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, electrical engineering or similar, or comparable industry experience in a technical role
- Manufacturing experience is highly desirable, and especially experience within industrial automation is prioritized.
- Excellent teamwork skills, and experience working in cross-functional teams composed of areas as design, engineering, marketing and sales
Join Universal Robots
At Universal Robots you will be empowered to help make Universal Robots a success. You will be given responsibility and can take responsibility. We trust our employees to make educated decisions that benefit the organization.
We are Universal Robots, a diverse group of smart, creative people working at the forefront of collaborative robotics. Together, we are finding innovative solutions to some of the most important manufacturing issues facing businesses today.
Join us as a Senior Product Manager, and you can too.