Senior Product Manager, Online Help
The Online Help team is responsible for some of Wayfairs most visible and highest trafficked areas, with a focus on providing customers with the best post-order experience in the world. With over 2 million orders a month, nailing this part of the Wayfair customers journey directly drives customer satisfaction, increases customer lifetime value, and improves our operational efficiency.
Our team does this by alleviating customer anxiety and effort in their post-order experiences with optimized communications, easy ways for them to get the information and help they need, and creating increasingly more personalized experiences.
A few of the problems were setting out to solve:
- Im really excited about my order, but when will it get here and how will it be delivered? [Delivery Experience]
- Somethings wrong with my order Can I get it replaced without calling support? [Self-Service]
- My table is chipped and I dont know what to do. [Customer Assurance]
- Its been a few days since I ordered that $2,000 couch. Im getting nervous that I havent heard anything. [Personalization]
As a Senior Product Manager at Wayfair, you will lead a team of product managers who work cross-functionally with their engineers, designers, analysts, and other internal partners to envision, build, and deliver customer experiences that impact tens of millions of consumers. You must be able to transform quantitative and qualitative data from our customers into insights and strategy to drive product development priorities. You transform those strategies into technical requirements, and work closely with design and engineering to deliver impact at a fast pace. Most importantly, you mentor, coach, and manage a team of high performing, highly engaged, product managers who love their jobs every day.
As the owner of your product(s), youll be responsible for wearing any and all hats. You will own your roadmap, maniacally measure performance, keep your pulse on the customer, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, and take acceptable risks to maximize the benefit for our customer and business. And if youre doing it right, youre having a ton of fun and learning every day.
How youll drive success:
- Product Managers at Wayfair are exceptionally strong in both quantitative and qualitative analysis and demonstrate superior communication skills to constituents across the business.
- Utilize data to understand customer needs and behaviors as well as business objectives, and transform that knowledge into enhancements and new features.
- Using Agile methodologies, develop software intended for our US, UK, DE and Canada sites, in addition to Wayfairs additional lifestyle brands. A global focus is key
- Build and maintain roadmaps for your product(s) and ensure the vision for your product roadmap aligns with broader company objectives.
- Monitor performance of your focus area and measure impact of your product enhancements or experiments.
- Determine resourcing needs for your team and make compelling requests for additions when required.
Youre who were looking for if:
- Meaningful experience in ecommerce, marketplace, or B2C product management
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences with a strong customer-centric focus
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights and constructing experiments to maximize time to value
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics, especially web engagement and funnel metrics
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
- Able to communicate. Succinctly.
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and multivariate testing practices a plus
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds)