Senior Product Manager, Media Client Infrastructure
Who We Are:
Twitter is looking for an extraordinary product leader for our media client infrastructure products. Twitter delivers live and user generated media content in news, sports, and entertainment to millions of users globally. We are continuing to evolve the role that media products play in the lives of our customers. Our vision is broad. Media is global, game changing and poised to grow exponentially.
What You'll Do:
Alongside an expert team of media focused client side engineers, you will be responsible for developing, prioritizing, communicating, and executing on a roadmap of media features that enable media display and upload on Twitter.
Working closely with a diverse set of product teams from across Twitter, you will help us:
- Create/own our client side product strategy for video player and upload stack infrastructure components
- Define objectives and key results that clearly frame goals and success measures
- Help drive operational excellence for our teams and cross team/org alignment
- Make sure we are delivering client side player infrastructure that’s easy for our customer teams to build on
- Tune our player technology for the optimal balance of visual quality, data usage and playback performance
As such, you will:
- Develop, prioritize, communicate and execute on a roadmap of client side video playback features based on a deep understanding of the needs of product teams from across Twitter.
- Collaborate with both consumer, infrastructure and revenue teams to measure and improve the impact of these of our media client infrastructure and be able to explain why it matters in a clear, accessible way.
Who you are
- You’re personable, empathetic, and excellent at building strong relationships with a diverse set of customers and stakeholders from across the business, regardless of their role or specialism
- You embrace a growth mindset and a servant leadership approach to product management
- You’re able to simplify and present technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders to explain impact and drive buy-in
- You’re data-driven and detail-oriented with strong analytical abilities
- You’re experienced with A/B experimentation
- You’re a clear and effective communicator, both in person and in writing
- You’re comfortable and experienced with leading through influence rather than authority
- You’re driven to get things done with a focus on impact and a growth mindset
- You have hands-on experience with high availability, scalable software and services
- 4+ years of product management experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative or engineering discipline
- You have at least a working knowledge of video player technology and video encoding
- You have experience providing product management support to remote teams
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.