Senior Product Manager, Insights
About the Company
Salsify is a hyper-growth Startup in Boston with the mission to empower brand manufacturers (like Coke or LOreal) to deliver great digital product experiences. We power thousands of brands to master the digital shelf with Product Information Management (PIM), Syndication, and Insights. Salsify is one of Bostons fastest growing companies by revenue and company size, having raised $98.1 million and won numerous workplace awards.
About the Product
Salsify Insights is an 18-month-old fast growing product line built on top of the Salsify PIM. The product powers brand manufacturers like Escalade Sports to diagnose issues on eCommerce sites like Amazon and take action. In the first year and a half in the market, hundreds of brand manufacturers have bought Insights to fuel their eCommerce growth. After great early traction with the product, we now aim to 1) grow the impact of the offering to hundreds of more customers; 2) set the vision for the next level of value (particularly with large brands); and 3) take the product from an early product-market fit version to enterprise SaaS software.
About the Role
We are looking for an entrepreneurial product manager to quarterback the growth, health, and strategy for this product. The Insights Product Manager is responsible for driving the overall success of the Insights program, from understanding customer needs to inform the roadmap to actively supporting the go-to-market team to partnering with CS to drive adoption. This broad role touches all aspects of the organization and targets the overall business success of Insights.
The ideal candidate will bring a combination of vigorous entrepreneurial drive and an openness to building the strong partnerships required to successfully quarterback the program. The ideal candidate will also engage on strategy -- building and drawing on deep eCommerce market knowledge and technical understanding -- and go-to-market tactics.
The prize for executing this role well is scaling a new product line into a major revenue driver that helps Salsify overperform our already ambitious growth goals.
- Build deep relationships with key partners at Salsify; this is the foundation of all subsequent responsibilities.
- Be the most knowledgeable person in the company about customer jobs around digital shelf Insights and market trends.
- Partner with engineering to continually align Insights R&D to Salsify growth goals.
- Identify and address adoption issues in partnership with Customer Success.
- Relentlessly support the go-to-market team by identifying and addressing sales productivity opportunities.
- Communicate through clear, concise written communication that engages stakeholders and partners in key decisions.
- __________; identify missing needs and opportunities for program success.
- 3-5+ years product management experience, or directly relevant experience.
- Incredible tenacity, passion and an innate sense of curiosity.
- Deep product experience OR deep industry experience.
- Able to build influence within an organization that is brimming with strong opinions and deep expertise.
- Able to work cross-functionally to bring new products and capabilities to market.
- Resilient in the face of conflict, changing business needs and structure, and failure; able to focus on the appropriate time horizon given the situation.
- Highly organized and able to continually boil hundreds of customer/prospect conversations and thousands of internal conversations into clear direction.
- Ability to develop strategy and engage stakeholders to participate in strategic decisions through exceptional oral and written communication.
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills: must be sharp, energetic, assertive and results-oriented; able to prioritize and focus in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Understanding of software development process and architectural tradeoffs.
- Demonstrated ability to get and deeply understand user feedback and then broadcast that learning to the organization.
- Relentless about understanding and responding to the needs of department leaders and setting expectations accurately.