Senior Product Manager, Image Production
Wayfair is looking for a strategic product leader to help lead a key initiative within our Product Media Systems team. This is a big impact role for someone willing to play in traffic and rapidly expand our 3D imaging capabilities - need someone who takes a platform approach and can see things E2E.
As the leader of your platform, you will be responsible for wearing any & all hats. You will partner with directors and other stakeholders across departments to understand and develop your roadmap, make appropriate tradeoffs, and measure the success of your initiatives.
You must have a strong bias-for-action, be extremely curious and be willing to identify and fill gaps where necessary to get the job done. In addition, youll be expected to identify better methods in the future for avoiding those gaps. You will be asked to break down complex problems and back up your recommendations with quantitative and qualitative reasoning. You lead member of an agile scrum team consisting of Engineers & a team of Product Managers and play a central role in organizing and communicating their efforts.
Product Managers at Wayfair:
- Are exceptionally strong in both quantitative and qualitative analysis, and demonstrate superior communication skills to constituents across the business.
- Utilize data to understand customer needs and behaviors as well as business objectives, and transform that knowledge into website enhancements and new features
- Build and maintain roadmaps for your product(s) and insure those interests are represented amongst all Product owners within the organization to ensure the vision for your product roadmap aligns with broader company objectives
- Monitor performance of your focus area and measure impact of your product enhancements
- Determine resourcing needs for your team and make compelling requests for additions when required.
In This Role You Will
- Develop and align the organization around the consolidated platform view of your product - regularly disseminating updates and engaging with Executive leadership on platform perspective and progress
- Establish product roadmaps for your space and ensure the team of product managers and engineers translate the same into features
- Leverage Data to balance tough product roadmap tradeoffs with stakeholders
- Have a clear POV on establishing a MVP view of the solution while also having the big picture long term view and ensuring MVP is a stepping stone towards the same
- Be comfortable working with internal Technical, Business, & Creative stakeholders, taking the time to understand the underlying business processes and problems that other teams are facing and coming up with practical, but strategic solutions to their needs
- Be very comfortable with ambiguity, creating clarity from the fog of numerous requests and avenues to take.
- Anticipate tech/operational issues, assess scope, and have a lens on cross-platform impacts
- Work closely with software engineers, service management, and operations analysts to design and test new tools, design workflows, change-manage implementation, and solve problems.
- When presented with a symptom of a system issue, use SQL, data analytics, and other research tools to find patterns and help identify the root cause
- Work with engineers to QA and roll out new tools or enhancements, ensuring issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency, improve the usability of our tools, and analyze root causes
Who Were Looking For
- 6+ years Product management experience working with operational systems and/or B2B platforms
- 2-4+ years experience successfully managing and developing highly effective product or business teams
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and a strong sense of end user focus
- Have the organizational skills to develop a successful strategy that expands upon our existing 3D offering
- Exceptional written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working cross-functionally across a wide variety of teams, backgrounds/interests, and levels/seniority; readily able to tailor communication to your audience
- Experience with ROI/Impact analysis of feature deployment
- An easy-going attitude, thick skin, and a strong sense of humor
- Bachelors degree in either a technology or business discipline from a top school, Masters/MBA a plus