Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Our Product team plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality for millions of people around the world. Partnering with Design, Engineering, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Product team ensures that were building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
Were tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems - like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of >10M items (with the majority of traffic on mobile), building 2-sided marketplaces to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And were a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
As a member of the Homebase product team, youre responsible for building and sharing expertise to inform how to continuously improve our design systems and drive teams toward delivering cohesive experiences for customers and suppliers. Homebase design system components comprise 90%+ of all Wayfair experiences. As a product leader, your work will directly impact thousands of designers and engineers and indirectly impact millions of customers and suppliers.
What Youll Do
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative data to understand supplier needs and behaviors as well as business objectives to inform design system enhancements and new features
- Create feedback loops with other product teams to indicate how well Homebase serves Wayfair designers and engineers, synthesize feedback, and prompt initiatives that increase their satisfaction with Homebase design systems.
- Break down complex problems and back up your recommendations with quantitative and qualitative reasoning
- Using Agile methodologies, youll develop software intended for our US, UK, DE and Canada sites, in addition to Wayfairs additional specialty retail brands.
- Build and maintain roadmaps for your product(s) and insure those interests are represented amongst all Product owners within the organization to ensure the vision for your product roadmap aligns with broader company objectives
- Monitor performance of your focus area and measure impact of your product enhancements
- Determine resourcing needs for your team and make compelling requests for additions when required
What Youll Need
- Track record of building high-impact products
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- Demonstrated experience working with design tools and front-end code
- Familiarity with systems thinking, the latest design concepts, and design systems
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Experience managing a team
- Cross-functional leadership experience
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.