Senior Product Manager, Hardware
Bevi is a Series B startup bringing customizable, healthy hydration to offices and facilities across the US and Canada. Founded in 2013, our co-founders set out to out-design bottled water. Within five years time, Bevi has saved the waste generated by over 45 million plastic bottles and seen revenue grow by 50x over the past 2 years! With offices now in Boston, New York, and San Francisco, we continue to grow our healthy flavor offerings and constantly strive to bring the next level of customization to the Bevi hydration experience.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager to work across our hardware products who will use strong research skills to set vision and strategy, define success measurement and make good decisions. This role will be an integral liaison between our engineering, design, marketing, sales, and operations teams. Exceptional communication, leadership and project management skills are critical for daily collaboration. Were looking for an experienced Product Manager who is committed to continuous improvement, both in themselves and in the products they manage, who believes in trying new things and not afraid to fail. You will lead with a user-first approach, evolving an end to end customer journey that focuses on usability and engagement that drives business objectives. If you are willing and able to jump between the strategic and tactical, pride yourself on delivering insights that others might miss, championing the voice of the customer and employing creative problem-solving and critical thinking in all aspects of your work, please apply!
Our new Senior Product Manager will:
- Design and manage product roadmaps, ensuring timely completion of deliverables along the way.
- Drive successful product development processes from concept through production and sustain continuous improvements.
- Work with stakeholders to understand their information needs, creating user stories that address their problems.
- Research concepts, synthesize findings, and partner with our design and engineering team to determine priority products, and manage the product development process.
- Gather requirements for new features and products based on research practices.
- Facilitate the design of creative and innovative solutions that encompass the entire customer journey, not limited to engineering solutions and actively question solutions to make sure it is aligned with the product vision.
- Work alongside our design and engineering teams to build consensus, ensure requirements are built to spec, deployed to a quality level, and provide the agreed-upon results.
- Discuss technical implementation details with engineers and make trade-offs to strike a balance between meeting the customer needs and meeting deadlines.
- Ensure engineers understand the direction of the product and how their efforts contribute. Guarantee that engineers are allowed to focus on the tasks at hand.
- Define capabilities and navigate tradeoffs to enable our core platform to scale order volume, delight customers, and allow our developers to innovate more quickly.
- Define go-to-market strategies
- Apply research, data analysis, and intuition to predict and measure product direction and success.
- Constantly analyze feedback from stakeholders and data to gather user feedback and ideas for improvement.
- Mentor and provide strategic product management guidance for members of the Product and Engineering teams.
We think you will bring:
- Strong experience conducting user research (observation, interviews, focus groups, etc.) and deriving insights that others would miss.
- 5+ years of relevant product management experience.
- Success working in a startup environment where you have taken ideas from conception to execution, iterating on products in quick cycles (at least 3+ product cycles of a hardware product).
- Hardware experience preferred over software.
- The ability to juggle multiple priorities and make tradeoff decisions when timeline, specs and/or budget dont align.
- Comfort with ambiguity.
- Experience guiding cross-functional teams in a highly iterative, rapidly evolving agile environment.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights.
- Experience with A/B testing, UX/UI principles and customer research techniques.
- An engineering background or experience bringing a consumer hardware product to market required.
- Experience developing ioT products are bonuses!
- The opportunity to work on tangible products with a positive environmental impact
- Company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance at 95%
- Generous paid parental leave
- 15 days PTO and 9 company holidays
- Collaborative workspaces with visiting furry friends, great snacks, and, of course, Bevis!
All interested candidates should submit their resume and a cover letter. Please dont forget the cover letter! We love learning more about what motivates you (why Bevi, why sales, etc.) and who you are (i.e. interests, hobbies, what sets you apart from other candidates, etc.).