Wayfair is seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial product leader to lead a Fulfillment Optimization function that is responsible for establishing fulfillment plan options for each potential and realized order, optimized for Wayfair profitability and customer delight.
Fulfillment Options, one of four layers of the Fulfillment Optimization organization, translates Wayfairs supply chain capabilities into customer delivery experiences, by calculating all possible delivery routes and their properties (delivery date, cost, services available,etc). We leverage the cognizance of our suppliers and carriers networks to determine what delivery options are possible, to ensure we are showing customers accurate information. By making the best use of all available suppliers, carriers, and other supply chain resources, Fulfillment Optimization maximizes value for both Wayfair and customers.
We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. Were a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
What Youll Do
As the owner of your product(s), youll be responsible for wearing any and all hats. You will own your roadmap, measure performance, keep your pulse on the customer, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, and take acceptable risks to maximize the benefit for our customer and business. If youre doing it right, youre also having a ton of fun and learning every day.
Fulfillment Options will be responsible for determining all the available fulfillment routes for a given supplier to a specific customer, calculating the properties of each route, ship date, delivery date(s), delivery services available, badging eligibility, among others, and providing inventory status for each SKU and supplier.
- Drive product innovation from concept/ideation to execution in a fast-paced environment, taking a scrappy and iterative approach to software development. Moving fast, iterating quickly and learning fast. Working in sprints that are two weeks long, we strive to increase speed to value.
- Develop and maintain supply chain technology platform roadmap and disseminate regular updates to key stakeholders via continuous engagement and communication with technical and non-technical partners. Evaluate all new opportunities, measured for the ROI, to approve and invest in the right products.
- Utilize data to understand the scope, impact and priority of Wayfairs business objectives, and enable the team to transform that knowledge into supply chain system enhancements and new features and for data that is not available, identify visibility gaps and partner with engineering teams to obtain that data.
- Work closely with senior managers across the organization to ensure the vision aligns with broader company objectives, understand new opportunities to engage with customers through compelling delivery value propositions, and ensure that features are prioritized on other teams roadmaps.
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on all facets of the Supply Chain technology platform to engage in design conversations with Engineering partners and other cross-functional product managers that rely on information from our platform.
What Youll Need
- 7+ years of product management experience in an agile development environment, ideally with exposure to a relevant product area (eCommerce or B2C; SaaS platforms; API experience)
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer-focused innovation
- Ample experience collaborating across multiple stakeholder groups, communicating with diverse audiences, and balancing/negotiating priorities
- Experience in managing a function in supply chain, logistics or warehousing preferred
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and multivariate testing practices a plus
Who We Are
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.