Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. Were hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the worlds most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
Were looking for an experienced product management leader to define, evangelize, and drive the release of the next generation of Brightcoves Enterprise Video Applications Platform. This is an opportunity to define a transformative product vision that will accelerate an exciting growth opportunity for corporate video solutions. This platform will help our clients use video to engage their customers, prospects, communities, and employees. The ideal candidate is passionate about video, can create and message value propositions across the organization, understands technical aspects of video, and can coordinate complex cross-functional marketing and development dependencies to deliver a breakthrough offering.
- Define the vision, roadmap, and requirements for the next generation enterprise applications platform
- Work with Product Marketing and other Product Managers to put together enterprise positioning and target use cases
- Work with other PMs to manage several purpose-built applications and their interactions within that platform
- Evangelize the new product line using pitch decks, demos, and customer feedback
- Use customer visits and market research to understand the buyer & user personae that will be the basis for go to market planning and product design
- Detail the buyers/users for key enterprise use cases and work with the design team to create delightful products
- Specify technical requirements for Brightcoves system architecture and framework of shared video services that will be required to support the enterprise roadmap; work with technical product managers and engineering leads to manage the system architecture
- Plan and manage engineering backlog for agile team(s) for successful and timely delivery of enterprise applications
- Develop and present a business plan and value proposition by working with stakeholders from marketing, sales, finance, legal, support, and professional services
- Evaluate competitive products & solutions and help establish positioning, core messaging, and pricing strategy
- Establish yourself as Brightcoves subject matter expert on the use of streaming video inside large enterprises for employee communication and collaboration
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- Experience managing a SaaS application (preferably in a company with multiple SaaS offerings)
- An understanding of how video can be used in enterprise applications
- An understanding of how to learn from potential customers, define the right problem, and then find a differentiated solution
- Experience with design thinking is a plus
- Ability to inspire engineers, designers, and partners by articulating a compelling product roadmap that is supported by crisp requirements and customer data
- Knowledge of business models and stage gate reviews (including : executives, engineering, marketing, sales, partner managers, finance, legal, and support)
These are the qualifications and experience we are targeting but we also are excited to have an opportunity to teach you technologies and skills you've never used before. All we ask for is creativity and tenacity in solving the problems that we are tackling together.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as generous PTO - and we expect you to use it!
We offer flexible options to work in our Boston office located in Fort Point harbor, remotely or in a hybrid set up (only exceptions are the roles that MUST work a certain way which we are finalizing soon). Whichever option you choose, we have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove and more to come!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please note that while this job description is an accurate description of the role, it is also subject to change during the course of this search.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!