Senior Product Manager, Email marketing applications
If you ever received a Wayfair email about an upcoming sale or a text message that your order was delivered, our notifications platform did all the work behind the scenes, processing 100+ million daily messages to customers and suppliers around the world.
The senior PM will own the roadmap and execution for components of our custom in-house platforms, which ensure that Wayfair marketers and service leaders can send highly customized messages at Internet scale to drive sales and customer engagement. How do we make our customer conversations even better, while baking in more resiliency and ease of use? That will be part of your job.
A successful candidate will have experience building consumer marketing engagement products across email and other channels such as SMS, push notifications, WhatsApp, and emerging messaging platforms.
This product position requires enough technical fluency in the underlying technologies to credibly engage developers and data scientists in conversations around architecture and delivery. The PM also should be a product athlete, fluent in Agile and leading frameworks, with a long history of successfully designing and launching B2B products.
This position is currently 100% remote through mid to late 2021. After that time, it will be based in Boston, long term, relocation is required.
- Own product development and roadmaps for key components of Wayfairs batch and triggered marketing messaging platforms.
- Design services that reliably and quickly deliver personalized, targeted notifications in any format to customers, suppliers, and prospects.
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand their businesses and co-develop solutions to supercharge growth and improve customer satisfaction/engagement.
- Collaborate with the UX/design team to simplify how internal users interact with the applications and improve platform efficiency through more automation.
- Use Agile processes to collaborate with Engineering and Data Science to execute on the roadmap while harnessing the power of emerging technologies.
- Communicate and evangelize the product vision and progress throughout Wayfair from C-level stakeholders on down.
- Develop and monitor OKRs for key product initiatives and ensure alignment with stakeholder objectives.
- Work with leadership to improve product craft and processes throughout the extended Ad Technology and Customer Intelligence team.
Desired Skills / Experience
- 2+ years building high-volume marketing messaging products (internal apps or SaaS platforms) in a brand, agency or service provider environment as a product manager. If you have additional experience as a marketer running communications channels/campaigns or an engineer/data scientist creating messaging applications, even better (but not required).
- Solid understanding of the mechanics and lifecycle of email, SMS, and push notifications, as well as experience with emerging messaging channels.
- 5+ years in B2B software/SaaS product management with exposure to the full lifecycle from concept to launch and beyond, with a full toolbox of PM tools relating to ideation, solution design, Agile methods, and stakeholder management.
- Builder mentality -- you think in terms of customer problems and technology solutions, and have demonstrated success in creating business-focused products, not just maintaining the work of others.
- Understanding of the marketing messaging vendor space from end to end, with direct vendor relationships a plus.
- Work in e-commerce, either for large online retailers or for technology service providers, a strong plus.
- Sufficient technical literacy to both understand the underpinnings of products to make key decisions as well as effectively communicate with engineers and data scientists.
- Solid SQL data wrangling skills and ability to create data stories and reports with visualization tools such as Looker. Experience calling APIs using Python or other languages a plus.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills at the senior leadership level.
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude.
- A no excuses mentality that pushes through issues with creative solutions and tenacity, while maintaining a grace-under-pressure demeanor.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.