As a Product Manager, you will focus on understanding current and future user needs, industry and technology trends, and customer and partner requirements. The requirements from these learnings will be used to develop products that will shape the fast-moving Autonomous Vehicle industry. Your leadership will be necessary to manage the development of new high profile products, prioritize new features for launch, and manage the products development throughout its lifecycle. To do this, you will work closely with users, designers, engineering, and sales and marketing teams.
Our Product Managers are high-energy people that use superb interpersonal and communications skills to work equally well with team members, support organizations, internal customers, and executives. They bring a holistic view and leadership style and are considered a focal point in the organization. Key to your success is your ability to marry creativity with analytics skills to create customer value and finding a way to move things forward amid competing forces.
What youll do:
- Work with Motional user experience designers, user researchers, industrial designers and fellow product managers to gain understanding of user needs for new products and components, and define product requirements for Motionals passenger experience.
- Work directly with Motional customers to define and agree upon product features.
- Define product roadmap for passenger experience in close collaboration with engineering, design, and program management teams.
- Work with Motional component engineering teams to define component requirements, and work with component suppliers to assess solutions and explain user needs. Collaborate closely with Motional hardware and software teams across our US and Asia locations to help drive implementation on time, to spec, and on budget.
- Work with Hyundai engineering teams to ensure requirements are understood and feasible.
- Represent the product team and champion the product through the go-to-market process working with global marketing and sales colleagues to ensure a clear product position and impactful launch.
What you'll bring:
- Advanced degree (MS / MBA)
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- Experience working with UI/UX or Industrial Designers
- Experience working directly with end users is a plus
- Previous experience developing and managing hardware and software products, preferably at multiple stages of the product lifecycle
- Cross functional team experience, especially working with engineers and designers
- Highly polished writing ability, very strong presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to drive cohesion, collaboration and decision making among different people & functions
- Able to be the voice of the consumer
- Comfortable with frequent domestic and international travel
Bonus points (but not required):
- Experience with automotive, autonomous technologies, or robotics
- Computer science, mechanical engineering or similar engineering background
- Experience working with international development teams
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industrys largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the worlds first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the worlds most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the worlds largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
More Jobs From