Senior Product Manager
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose- driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge attracting, motivating and retaining world-class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos, and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We have recently released our next generation SaaS platform Percipio. This is the realization of our vision that brings together technology and content to create the most effective learning experience possible.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Product Manager to join our product management team. This role is highly cross-functional and requires product management experience of consumer software products, strong analytical skills, creative problem solving, and a passion for innovation. You will be responsible for helping us develop the vision and roadmap for consumer experiences that increase learner engagement and ultimately help our users achieve their career aspirations.
You will have the opportunity to work with brilliant people around the globe including Platform Product Management, Engineering teams, Content Product Management, Content Development, and User Experience Design departments.
We are all about Making Work Matter. With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Identify needs and pain points of employees in global organizations related to learning and career advancement and translate those insights into impactful product innovations. We truly believe that customer problems lie outside our office and we cannot find and solve them by staying inside.
- Play a significant role in developing the vision, strategy and roadmap for areas that enhance the learner adoption, engagement and NPS of Percipio working closely with other product, UX and engineering leaders.
- Monitor competitive landscape, anticipate competitive response to changing market dynamics and proactively develop strategies to combat activity.
- Monitor best practices for consumer engagement that keeps up with changing consumer habits to ensure Percipio continues to provide the best-in-class learning experience for individuals and teams.
- Partner with our world-class UX and engineering team to drive the development of consumer like learner experience.
- Define and analyze the data to determine success of new/existing features to drive their future development.
- Work cross functionally with the broader business and effectively communicate product vision and strategy, execute on the strategy and lead go to market efforts for new products and features.
- Plan and execute product announcements and help coordinate Beta testing of features/products.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience You have 5+ years of SaaS product management experience working on successful consumer software products.
- Customer empathy You empathize with customers, strive to understand their problems and you use technology effectively to solve them.
- Innovative Thinking Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to do likewise. You can define the vision and strategy for these new ideas and lead a cross functional team that executes on the strategy to realize the vision.
- User experience focus Youre passionate about designing highly usable product experiences that help your users achieve their desired outcomes.
- Analytical and Data Champion Youre rigorous in taking a data-driven approach to problem-solving and not base it solely on internal opinions. But you are not afraid to use good judgment to make decisions when only limited information is available, and course correct as you learn more.
- Roll up the sleeves attitude you are so passionate about making your product successful that you will do what it takes. You do not consider anything outside your job description.
- Iterative - You experiment iteratively and adapt quickly to change as you learn more about our users. You know that winning takes more singles and doubles and less often home runs.
- Technical You are not afraid to engage technically with engineering teams to discuss implementation options and associated tradeoffs.
- Great communicator Youre adept at presenting to both technical and non-technical audiences with persuasion and conviction.
- Proactive Learner We are all passionate about learning and you fit right in as a self-starter. You might not know all the answers, but you do your own research and ask the right questions to get to what you need to know.
- Initiative Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them by looking for new and productive ways to make an impact.
- Building Organizational Commitment Demonstrates commitment, loyalty and appreciation for the organization. Conveys a high-level of concern for all employees, while helping to ensure that both their needs and those of the organization are met.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
More Jobs From