l drive development of a long-term vision and strategy for the company’s products and coordinate cross-functional go-to market performance. Our culture is dynamic, collaborative and biased towards execution. You’re an experienced leader who knows what it takes to navigate product teams to success.
Sea Machines is venture-funded, and we’ve introduced our first product, the Sea Machines 300, a level-3 autonomy platform for commercial craft. We’re located on the East Boston waterfront in historic Jeffries Point, with quick access to the T and water taxis.
- Direct development and management of product strategy, roadmap and feature specifications.
- Develop detailed market requirements, customer use cases and competitive product positioning analyses.
- Collaborate with engineering, sales, and operations teams to plan, develop, prioritize, monitor, debug, qualify and launch new products and releases.
- Coordinate cross-functional planning and execution of all field and pilot testing for new products and features. Document and report on functionality, performance and identified issues. Drive corrective action and system improvements.
- Develop intelligence on autonomy products, markets, competitors, customers, analysts, and industry thought leaders.
- Represent Sea Machines as a presenter and panelist at industry conferences and other promotional events.
- Actively participate on maritime industry standards committees to advance operational and safety standards for marine autonomy.
Requirements and Skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent resident/Green card holder
- You’ve done this before – you have startup experience developing product strategy and providing leadership to teams developing complex integrated hardware and software systems.
- Preferred candidates will have demonstrated product management domain expertise in the maritime industry or autonomous vehicle development.
- You clearly translate and communicate product architecture, roadmap and strategy into measurable development objectives and team deliverables.
- A track record of planning and delivering complex products to market, on-schedule and budget, while providing regular project status visibility across functions and to senior management.
- Excellent collaboration, communication, presentation and writing skills.
- 10+ years of experience in progressive product management roles with at least 5 years in a team leadership position.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a technology discipline. Master’s degree in marketing or business is preferred.