Senior Product Manager
Senior Product Manager, MicroBachelors
EdX is searching for a Senior Product Manager to lead the definition, launch, and future vision of a new innovative program for our learners. edX is an online learning platform founded by Harvard and MIT in 2012, which today serves millions of people around the world. As a Senior Product Manager, you will examine market conditions, the competitive and technology landscape, and customer input to evaluate and prioritize product opportunities. Youll regularly engage with customers, business stakeholders, and engineering teams to identify, synthesize, and clearly communicate product requirements that create an outstanding experience and achieve desired outcomes for our learners.
In this role, you will lead the launch of our MicroBachelors programs product. MicroBachelors programs are a stackable series of courses participants can take to acquire career-relevant knowledge and gain 21st century skills. These programs will remove learning challenges for working adults such as cost, time and previous educational experience, and enable them to advance their careers while also pursuing a bachelor's degree
- Senior Product Manager for MicroBachelors.
- Lead a cross-functional team in defining and launching our MicroBachelors product. Define strategy, target outcomes, priorities, and roadmap. Shape the future vision of this innovative product, and measure impact.
- Interact with a range of internal and external stakeholders--including learners, course teams, companies, other product managers, and teams from across the company--to understand emerging product needs.
- Define business objectives, scope MVP, examine tradeoffs, and manage risks.
- Define the engineering backlog, technical and product requirements, that will achieve the desired outcomes. Work with engineering, data science and UX teams to define the execution plans for the user stories.
- Analyze and leverage data, including market trends and other external data sources, to gather insights and shape the product.
- 7+ years of experience in a product focused role, preferably in a software company
- MBA degree (or related experience) is preferred
- Be data driven and iterative - has audacious hypotheses, yet invests in testing and learning along the way.
- Demonstrated abilities related to roadmap ownership and development.
- Experience operating and thriving in a matrixed, results focused, fast paced environment.
- Empathy for our customers and continuous improvement focus.
- Bias to action mindset with cross-team collaboration skills, including conflict resolution, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Experience launching and growing a new product.
- Experience in higher education or education technology.
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.