The purpose of this Product Management role is to understand the marketplace & competition; discover what the market wants; explore pricing & bundling strategies; drive category leadership; generate product requirements; determine specifications, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction.
- Translate the company’s high-level vision and goals into actionable tasks.
- Determine product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or bundling strategies.
- Spend time in the market to understand market challenges, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
- Assess product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Bring new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; prepare return-on-investment analyses.
- Act as the “messenger of the market” from the outside-in to the rest of the organization.
- Analyze various market segments and collaborate with leadership to choose the best ones to pursue.
- Develop a three-year roadmap for our products to illustrate our vision and plan into the future.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders such as sales and product marketing on the creation of positioning for our products.
- Create user stories for current and future products based on the market’s challenges and BG's value propositions.
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from sunsetting legacy products to prototyping and testing new features/products and ideas.
- Know why we are winning and losing in the market, and drive changes to our product and processes to create improvement.
- Engage with BG senior leadership to define strategies for using BG solutions and unlocking growth.
- 10+ years of marketing, development, sales, or product management experience.
- Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy that includes a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making.
- Comfortable managing chaos, ambiguity and complexity.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must.
- Ability to prioritize and demonstrate relentless discipline in achieving goals.
- Strong ownership, bias for action and willingness to role-up your sleeves.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Perform well in a fast-paced, high energy environment.
- Domain expertise around Logistics and Material Handling a plus.
- MBA preferred.
More Jobs From