By applying to this position, your application is automatically considered for the range of Product Design/UX roles we have at Wayfair. If we think you might be a fit, a recruiter will reach out to learn more about your background and discuss relevant positions in more detail.
Who We Are:
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares, and more.
Our Product Design/UX teams partner with Engineering, Product Management, Analytics, and business leaders across Wayfair to ensure we're building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, and measurable ways.
Our Product Design/UX organization includes a variety of teams solving interesting problems:
- Storefront, our consumer-facing technology team, is tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems - like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of >10M items (with the majority of traffic on mobile), building 2-sided marketplaces to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space.
- Our Supply Chain technology team ensures the right products are in stock, in the right places, at the right time, with the right cost profile to enable valuable delivery experiences for our customers, and differentiated value for our suppliers and carriers. We power availability, speed, and cost reduction across the value chain, from forecast to home delivery and post-delivery services.
- Our Operations technology teams drive the development of the world-class software products that power Wayfairs transformation of retail for home. These teams create new and innovative services for customers and build the backbone of Wayfairs pricing, merchandising, and enterprise operations. Whether on desktop, mobile web, app, or any of our proprietary internal platforms, we leverage data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth
What Youll Do:
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, content strategists, user researchers, and other designers to execute design concepts that deliver on brand goals, business goals, and are technically feasible to implement
- Utilize design thinking principles to build engaging customer experiences that solve goals with elegant simplicity
- Conceptualize and create pixel-perfect design mockups from sketches, wireframes, and other UX deliverable that represent your design thinking capabilities
- Drive a sense of urgency in the team to deliver work, emphasizing the use of lean tools and techniques
What Youll Need:
- Expertise in producing relevant deliverables including an online portfolio that demonstrates an unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, taxonomies/folksonomies, paths to purchase, wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent interaction recommendations, etc.
- Strong skills in, and understanding of, modern design processes, including design tools like Sketch, Abstract, Invision, Framer, UXPin, and Creative Suite
- Passion for building functional and engaging user experiences with a strong customer-centric focus
- Ample experience collaborating across multiple stakeholder groups, communicating with diverse audiences, and balancing/negotiation priorities
- Bachelors degree or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years of professional UX experience
Interested in learning more about Wayfairs Experience Design team? Check out our Medium: https://medium.com/wayfair-design
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.