Who We Are
Encortex is a data intelligence agency in Boston, that leverages cutting-edge quantitative analysis to help blue chip firms deploy capital more efficiently. We are a small, ambitious, and diverse group of quantitative analysts, data engineers, software engineers, & digital marketers. At the heart of what we do, is the belief that we change the way our clients collect, protect, and monetize data.
Who You Are
You are a curious individual who adapts to new environments and is comfortable with change. You believe in iterative progress, failing fast, and working through issues - alone and with others - until they are complete solved. You expect to contribute to your team's success, but also to the larger Encortex community. You appreciate and reflect our core values of Precision, Curiosity, Honesty, Responsibility, Fun & Respect.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll be a part of a cross-functional product team that delivers new product and features to our existing site. Every component that you finalize in your project will be shown to our customers and improve their experiences with us. This is a great opportunity to join a small, yet fast growing business and own a product that you will create. Your work will have an immediate and direct impact on our business.
In sum, you’ll work directly with the Director of Channel Operations as part of a cros-functional team working on our next generation website platforms. We are looking for somebody with a "Do as You Say" philosophy that wants to be part of a culture where you can depend on the team around you to execute who is also comfortable with ambiguity and has the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Rebrand existing web property with keen design eyes and best practices in the industry
- Build out new sections of the website as the business expands to new markets
- Own end to end feature creation and user experience improvement process
- Lead a UX design process across the web property to improve user engagements and conversion rates
- Build an effective design system and brand strategy that serves the long-term overarching goal of the business
- Build wireframes, prototypes, and low/high fidelity mockups to help users to easily navigate the site
- Collaborate with marketing team to create various marketing materials including Social graphics and email templates
- Visualize the proposed changes and present to the stakeholders and clearly communicate the design decision process to the teammates without design background
- Tirelessly iterate key pages to improve conversion rates based on qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Work closely with analysts to assess the results and iterate off of site optimization related analyses
- Work closely with Engineers to implement new features and AB tests
- Identify opportunities to improve user experience on the site; break the opportunity down to smaller projects and effectively execute them
What You’ll Learn
At Encortex, you will benefit from interacting with a small team of super interesting people. You will learn how to solve problems in a community of problem solvers. You will appreciate the value of failing fast, transparent and honest communication, and working with a team that feels the same.
- 5+ years of consumer facing digital product development
- Experience in end to end product cycle and building brand strategy
- Extensive working knowledge in Figma, proficiency in other industry standard tools like Sketch & Invision
- A strong portfolio that includes cross-platform & cross-device design pieces
- Experience in mobile optimization
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain design concepts/processes to people without design background