Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. Were hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the worlds most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
COVID-19 may have sent people home, but that means theyre streaming more video from a whole range of devices! Were seeking a User Experience design leader with experience designing B2B Enterprise SaaS products. Candidates must be able to think in terms of the end-to-end user experience and create designs that are effective, engaging, and easy to use. In this role, you will be able to apply what you know, while learning new skills that fuel your passion, such as user research, interaction design, information architecture, visual design, usability testing, or multi-device design. That may sound like a lot, but if youre interested in leading and learning, well help you find your place and develop your skills!
Bring the outside, in by learning from customers and applying best practices.
- Create user persona and journeys, grounded in user data and the art of storytelling
- Work across Brightcove to identify & recruit customers for research/validation
- Plan, schedule, run and unpack customer sessions and/or validation tests
- Actively apply best practices from external sources to improve our approaches.
Design for emotional impact
- Lead cross-functional teams through design strategy, and the definition of MVP with storyboards and story maps centered on solving the right problem
- Help our customers engage their audiences by designing solutions that streamline their ability to source, curate, and deliver engaging content.
- Contribute to bringing our brand to life through the development & adoption of a design system
- Lead the design for accessible solutions for international audiences
Cross-functional leadership and collaboration
- Define & manage design tasks for a team, including design estimates, skills, and dependencies
- Actively provide feedback and mentorship to team members privately and in critiques
- Recognize & resolve issues within your scope of work, report status & mitigate risks to stakeholders
- Lead the creation & adoption of process improvements within and across teams
- Ensure critiques take place and provide appropriate structure and guidance
- An outstanding portfolio showcasing effective design solutions for Enterprise SaaS users
- Ability to rapidly prototype and evaluate designs with customers
- User-centered design perspective and an understanding of design thinking
- College degree in Human-Centered Design and/or Visual Design
- Able to work independently, mentor & plan work for junior designers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
These are the qualifications and experience we are targeting but we also are excited to have an opportunity to teach you technologies and skills you've never used before. All we ask for is creativity and tenacity in solving the problems that we are tackling together.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
We are currently all working remotely due to Covid-19 and plan to return to an in-office experience once it is safe to do so. When we return, this role will be located in our Boston office which is located downtown, in Fort Point harbor. This Brightcove office has an open working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. While you wont get to experience the in-office culture immediately, you will feel it remotely and be able to participate actively. We have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove and more to come!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please note that while this job description is an accurate description of the role, it is also subject to change during the course of this search.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!
**All candidates must provide an online portfolio or work samples.**