This is a full-time in-office position located in Boston.
Do you want to join a design team at a quickly-growing startup with an established customer base? Are you excited about solving customers’ problems and creating an amazing user experience through product design and UX research?
We’re looking for a senior designer to join the design team here at BevSpot. Our products solve real problems for an incredibly diverse set of users in the food and beverage industry—come help us improve the jobs for folks like small business owners, your neighborhood bartender, or your favorite restaurant’s chef. You’ll work closely alongside them to ensure that we’re bringing products and experiences to the market that truly help them uncover insights about their businesses, and make their day-to-day jobs easier. This is a unique opportunity to put your mark on an established, yet evolving product, and scale our design systems along with the business as we quickly expand into new products and markets.
Design at BevSpot:
From the outset, BevSpot has viewed excellent design as a core competency and differentiator. Design drives discussions from the start and touches every facet of the business. Our central design team works collaboratively with product and marketing—ensuring that the whole business grows with one cohesive visual language. Every member of the design team regularly engages in discussions and critiques on everything from product UI, to user experience, to the latest marketing materials. This role reports to the VP of Product.
- Provide thought leadership in all areas of UX (user journeys, visual design, and usability)
- Partner closely with product, engineering, and the executive team to help define product roadmap and provide supporting design strategy
- Become an expert in BevSpot’s products, unique market value, and future goals prioritizing design work to support product strategy and roadmap
- Conduct customer research and analysis to shape the future of our product and customer experience
- Create clickable prototypes for usability testing and customer interviews
- Create and manage design systems
- Mentor designers to produce enviable work at every stage of their careers
Work with marketing to support landing pages, marketing emails, and ad needs
- 5+ years prior product design (UX/UI) experience
- Passion for customer research with experience conducting customer interviews and usability testing
- An expert in modern web usability principles and experience designing interfaces for screens of all sizes
- Excellent project management skills and ability to work in an agile/sprint development process
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as AdobeCC, Sketch, InVision, Miro and Zeplin
Bonus points for experience with:
- The food and beverage industry (we'd love to hear about your bartending days)
- Working on a tech/SaaS product
- Optimizing the conversion funnel from lead to paid customer
You must include a link to your portfolio for consideration.
Feel free to also include a resume, although a link to your LinkedIn profile is sufficient.
BevSpot’s mission is to empower the global food and beverage industry with technology. Through our food and beverage management software, customers can take control of their entire operation—from the bar to kitchen—on any device, all saved to the cloud.
In 2014, we started going door-to-door to local Boston bars and restaurants to figure out how we could help them manage their beverage programs online. Today, BevSpot’s easy-to-use cloud software helps thousands of users worldwide manage their inventory, place orders, and access sales performance insights.
At BevSpot, we’re all about brainstorming, working hard, and giving high-fives. We are a group of entrepreneurial, fast-moving, and passionate individuals redefining how technology is used in the food and beverage industry. If you like a challenge, you’ll love it here. We’re solving new problems everyday—like building our software to work everywhere, even inside a walk-in refrigerator. We also offer traditional and fun benefits that meet you at every stage in life.
Benefits of working at BevSpot:
We're located in the Fort Point area of Boston, convenient from all subway lines by way of South Station. Perks of the location include:
- Free shuttle between South Station and the office
- Nearby tons of great restaurants
- Free gym inside the building
We offer a fantastic benefits package:
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, and life insurance (BevSpot contributes up to 83% of your healthcare premium)
- 10 weeks paid parental leave
- 401(K) plan
- Flexible Vacation Policy (You are REQUIRED to take off at least two weeks per year)
- Free catered weekly lunches
- Bi-weekly drinks and pizza after work
- In-office bar stocked with rotating taps and all the fixin’s for your favorite cocktails (so we can test our own software, of course)
Company-sponsored volunteer days
BevSpot is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color. religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.