Office Tour Photos
Who We Are
Were the Experience Design team at Wayfair, and were tackling exciting challenges that are reshaping how people discover, find, purchase and have goods delivered to their homes. Were a diverse, multidisciplinary team of world-class designers who are hard at work transforming the experience of shopping for your home. Our design practice is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced.
How can we leverage AR to make it easier for our customers to imagine how furniture would fit in their space? How can we seamlessly connect them with gig economy assembly and installation pros to get that new chandelier installed before the next dinner party? If you're interested in answering these types of questions, youll love our innovative and dynamic team!
What Youll Do
A strong candidate will relish the opportunity to jump into a highly visible workstream that drives significant impact. You are an empathetic people manager, a thought leader, and skilled in design operations management. Additionally, youre gifted in UI design, are customer-centered, and love turning quantitative and qualitative findings into insights and strategy to drive product priorities.
- Utilize design thinking principles to build engaging customer experiences which solve goals with elegant simplicity
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, content strategists, user researchers, and other experience designers to execute design concepts that deliver on brand goals, business goals, and are technically feasible to implement
- Drive a sense of urgency in the team to deliver work, emphasizing the use of lean tools and techniques to more rapidly deliver work.
- Day-to-day work will consist of a combination of product leadership, design execution, people management, and design operations management.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills. Be a thought leader who can take a step back on overarching goals and opportunities, while also acting as a product practitioner who can meticulously work alongside his/her teams with domain knowledge and design prowess.
- Manage the development of team members through dedicated mentorship, or less formal coaching and advice.
- Youll lead design efforts for these sites & interfaces: Wayfair + Allmodern + Birch Lane + Joss & Main + Perigold. Desktop + Mobile web + iOS + Android
What Youll Need
- 8+ years of Design experience for consumers and consumer brandsa big plus if you have experience in e-commerce.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Information Architecture, or related field.
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of design processes; knowledge of what is possible and what will be hard to achieve and/or implement in a digital environment.
- Strong skills in modern design tools like Sketch, Abstract, Invision, Framer, UX Pin, Creative Suite, etc.
- Expertise in producing relevant deliverables, including detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, taxonomies/folksonomies, paths to purchase, wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent interaction recommendations, etc.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS. Hands-on skills a plus.
- An online portfolio of case studies that demonstrates unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: e-commerce design work, mobile design work, analytical decision-making, design operations, people management, and strategic thinking.
Interested in learning more about Wayfairs Experience Design team?
- Check out our Medium: https://medium.com/wayfair-design
- Here's a quick video on our daily Standups: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=128&v=UwNOGxql_Bg
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From