Senior Product Design Manager (UX) - B2B
As a Senior Product Design Manager for Wayfair Professional, youll be responsible for leading a team of designers in solving exciting customer problems for the fastest-growing segment of our business. We need your help in championing these professional customerslearning about their behaviors and industries, understanding their motivations and pain-points, and ultimately defining the optimal Wayfair shopping experiences for both SMB and Enterprise businesses. As the manager of your team, youll have the opportunity to grow the careers of young talent and learn from an intelligent and ambitious group of product managers, engineers, researchers and analysts.
This position is specifically going to be in our "Plan" pod and supporting a huge initiative on our B2B business side. Management experience is definitely needed but you can also expect to be a "manager-doer" in this role as you will also be executing and in the trenches.
As a member of Wayfair Product Design, youll join a diverse, multidisciplinary team of world-class designers who are hard at work transforming the experience of shopping for your home. Our design practice is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced. We are looking for a design practitioner who can help us take our experience to the next level, bringing deep expertise in UX design and a strategic mindset for how to scale and differentiate a market-leading e-commerce experience. You should be versed in research methodology and current with design trends.
At Wayfair, we have established our leadership position in the market through a fierce passion for helping users find the best products for their homes. Our success has created a tangible opportunity to shape the future of ecommerce, and your work will have deep and meaningful impact.
- Craft intuitive and shippable product experiences, leveraging Wayfair UX design standards and industry best practices.
- Produce design deliverables utilizing the Sketch app, Invision and/or other prototyping tools:
- Detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, taxonomies/folksonomies, paths to purchase, etc.
- Wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent interaction recommendations
- Detailed visuals / mockups
- Lead cross-functional design reviews for all necessarydeliverables
- Produce design deliverables utilizing the Sketch app
- Be extremely familiar with user experience design, product management, engineering, and agile development environments and be able to turn complex use cases into intuitive and shippable product experiences
- Oversee, plan, and scope UX team projects (rather than executing each project)
- Develop and own a design process that enables efficiency/speed and ensures a positive and ever-improving user experience and team culture
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills. Be a thought leader who can take a step back on overarching goals and opportunities, while also acting as a product practitioner who can meticulously work alongside his/her teams with domain knowledge and design prowess
- Establish design acceptance criteria for the product, and ensure that the implementation meets design standards.
- Play a leadership role in resolving unclear direction or unknown variables
- The ability to engage in strategy discussions. Weigh tradeoffs between business, technical, and customer contexts.
- Mentoring of designers with less experience to improve their skillset.
- Manage the development of team members through dedicated mentorship, or less formal coaching and advice.
- Recognize the staffing needs of the team, and the ability to recruit and hire new talent.
- Management and oversight of multiple smaller teams. This includes determining out how a teams will realize a strategy.
- 8+ years of Product Design experience for consumers and consumer brandsa big plus if you have experience in e-commerce
- Communication and presentation skills. The ability to clearly present work, and articulate the rationale for the decisions that led to it
- Facilitation and listening skills. The ability to maintain undivided attention and appreciate interpersonal differences. An openness to opinions that challenge beliefs, and be a willingness to evolve based on new information.
- Project confidence, and have the ability to offer a vision that encourages people to follow, while encouraging others to take part.
- The confidence and self-motivation to drive forward projects that will improve our users experience
- Expert proficiency in Sketch, Invision, and other design tools.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS. Hands-on skills a plus.
- An online portfolio that demonstrates an unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: e-commerce design work, mobile design work, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking.
Interested in learning more about Wayfairs Product Design team? Check out our Medium:https://medium.com/wayfair-design