Office Tour Photos
Meet CarGurusthe #1 most visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
About the Role
At CarGurus we use data, not hunches, to inform decisions. Product Analysts play a key role in crafting the data narrative for these decisions. We love to collaborate, were excited by a challenge, and we believe that ownership enables us to grow.
We are looking for thoughtful, fearlessly curious candidates who can dive into complex data and draw insightful conclusions. As a member of a growing team, you will have opportunities for outsized positive impact through a high level of autonomy. Youll work cross-functionally with many departments and stakeholders, and gain exposure to multiple dimensions of the business.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgroundswe do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring to the table, we look forward to learning from each other.
What Youll Do:
- Conduct exploratory data analysis across disparate data sources (e.g. website usage, dealer behavior patterns and customer insights) to understand the performance of existing products and identify opportunities for new product offerings
- Partner with the product, engineering, marketing, sales, and finance departments to grow our business, including recommending and advocating for performance improvement ideas
- Define metrics to evaluate business performance, products and experiments; build reports and dashboards to monitor and understand them
- Communicate and present data analysis, visualizations, and insights to key stakeholders
- Be a voice and advocate for using data to improve the quality of our decision making
- Mentor data analysts on technical and professional development
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of experience in data analysis (experience in consumer internet, digital marketing or SaaS product data a plus)
- Fluency in SQL and Python/R, or other scripting language
- Strong grasp of statistical concepts (confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, regression models)
- Knowledge of BI and reporting tools, or demonstrated ability in learning new tool
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders to adopt new data-driven approaches and achieve shared business goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
More Jobs From