We are looking for a Product Analytics Analyst to join our team to enable data-driven decisions and improvements in the athenahealth product suite. You will need technical expertise in data extraction, data analysis, and metric definition in order to make recommendations that drive meaningful business outcomes. Your job will be to partner with Product Management in identifying opportunities for product improvement; scoping impact of product decisions on clients; informing backlog prioritization through research & investigation; and building & monitoring effective release metrics and KPIs.
You are passionate about problem-solving, and always take a customer-centric approach. You know how to energize cross-functional teams around a problem and use data to identify and prioritize solutions. You are skilled at creating meaningful analysis with large, complex datasets and using the tools of your trade: query languages, ETL tools, data modeling, and data visualization. You are at your best when tackling new problems and supporting innovation.
The Team: We are a diverse group of athenistas who believe that being smart about how we use data can lead to better products and more value for our clients. We don't just pull data and create analyses; we create compelling stories driven by the context of our customers and the vision of athenahealth. We believe we are strongest when we support each other, and that learning is always part of the job.
- Lead the measuring of success of each product including metrics that cover product performance, adoption and utilization, and outcomes
- Work with the Product Management to determine the measures of success and guide good usage of outcome driven metrics
- Compile user, transaction, and other data from complex systems to generate reports and analyses for partner and stakeholder groups
- Synthesize results to determine success or failure of experiments and make recommendations on go forward plan
- Develop and manage strong, collaborative relationships with associated product team and other stakeholders, as needed, to help drive results
- Strong understanding of database technologies and ability to write code to gather data. Considerable SQL experience preferred
- Ability to synthesize complex, high volume and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve business problems
- Knowledge of, and ability to use, strategies, techniques and tools for effective communication of technical ideas to various audiences
- Bachelors Degree required; Degree (Bachelors or Masters) in quantitative disciples like Computer Science, Data Engineering, Data Science, Statistics, or Mathematics preferred
- 1-5 years professional experience, preferably including 1-3 years of data analytics
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.