The Privacy and Data Protection Office works with a diverse group of stakeholders around the world to ensure the protection of the data of Wayfairs users, customers, partners, and employees.
We are looking for a Senior Privacy Analyst within our Global Data Protection and Privacy Program, sitting in the Security, Privacy, Identity, Risk team, to grow the privacy program and help drive our strategy as our businesses enjoy fast-paced growth in the United States, Canada, the UK, and the EU. The position will work in close partnership with the Security, Legal, Product, Talent, and Marketing teams and will report to the Data Protection Officer.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with one of the world's largest online destinations for the home to enable innovation and global e-commerce results while safeguarding customer, employee, supplier, and partner data. The successful candidate will have broad exposure to all aspects of the business.
What Youll Do
- Help implement a comprehensive global privacy and data protection risk management strategy that aligns with Wayfair's values and culture, is applicable to Wayfair's current global footprint, and is scalable to account for business growth and changes to privacy legislation
- Assist in developing privacy compliance governance, reporting, and metrics to support effective and efficient Data Protection Office operations
- Document, analyze, and communicate risks and possible repercussions associated with privacy-related matters to make drive data-driven decisions throughout the company
- Assist with Data Privacy Impact Assessments, Data Mapping, Data Subject Requests, and Privacy and Security by Design/Default
- Publish and maintain policies and procedures and support the Wayfair Privacy Principles in alignment with laws and regulations and commensurate with the risk associated with the activity and information
What You'll Need
- At least 3 years of experience in compliance, law, program management, or another related area
- Minimum of 1 years' experience directly implementing Privacy Program initiatives and meeting global privacy and data protection requirements
- Experience in e-Commerce, ad tech, marketing tech, and/or supply chain environments
- Knowledge of the GDPR, CCPA, marketing laws, regulatory actions
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) certification
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills to effectively build relationships and interact with stakeholders at all levels and in all lines of business
- Technical fluency
- Experience with metrics
- A love of the intellectual challenges of privacy and desire to help your colleagues understand sometimes complicated frameworks
- Success working in fast-paced, innovative, agile, global culture
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in a related field or equivalent work experience
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.