Senior Principal Deep Learning and Vision Robotic Scientist
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
What you will do:
- Design, implement, train, evaluate and optimize novel perception algorithms based on state-of-the-art deep learning techniques, such as convolutional neural nets (CNNs).
- Solve problems related to object detection, scene classification/understanding, map segmentation and robot localization with the goal to be deployed in cloud-connected consumer robotics products.
- Define and perform experiments leveraging relevant large scale datasets to identify and tune viable proof-of-concept approaches.
- Transfer and optimize proven approaches to run on cloud, embedded processors, or hybrid targets.
- A solid understanding of and experience with Deep Learning, in particular with design, training, evaluation and optimization of convolutional neural net (CNN) architectures in the context of object recognition, scene classification or scene segmentation.
- Experience with at least one major deep learning framework (such as Caffe, Theano, Torch, Tensorflow). Experience with Caffe preferred.
- Self-motivated learner who keeps up-to-date with the current state of computer vision and deep learning techniques/architectures.
- A solid background in machine learning/classification concepts.
- A solid background in computer vision/image processing concepts.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in algorithm implementation in C++ and Python.
- Hands on experience with computer vision or robotic systems operating on real-world datasets.
- Strong analytical skills and mathematical foundation.
- Good understanding of computer systems / architecture trade-offs.
- Comfortable in a Linux-based environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to learn quickly.
- Minimum Degree: PhD in Computer Vision, Computer Science, Data Science, Machine Learning, Robotics, or related field
- Experience with CUDA GPU programming.
- Experience with Cloud computing, in particular AWS EC2 and Docker.
- Experience with Deep Net compression techniques (both size and speed).
- Experience with embedded processor platforms.
- Experience with mobile GPUs / OpenCL / OpenGL / shader programming.
- Experience with robotics or other embedded real-time systems.
- Experience with RGB-D sensors and algorithms.
- Background in SLAM, 3D reconstruction, motion planning.
- Experience with IoT protocols and products.