We are looking to add a highly talented Prediction and Behavior Modeling Sr. Research Scientist to help us build probabilistic models of the future state of the world (e.g., cars, pedestrians, and other road users). As a senior research scientist, you will use real-time perception data and prior knowledge to estimate how the world around us will change, so that the planner can make better decisions. Your applied mathematics, data analytics, and machine learning experience will inform your pragmatic approach to making a more intelligent autonomous vehicle. Does this sound like you?
What you'll be doing:
- Dive into data to understand behaviors of road users such as cars, bikes, and pedestrians; leverage machine learning methods where appropriate
- Develop probabilistic models to predict how other road users may move and interact with our car, and evaluate their performance on real-world and simulated data sets
- Collaborate with Planning and Perception teams to achieve objectives in improving system performance
- Invent, implement, and publish novel motion prediction algorithms in top conferences
What we're looking for:
- MS or PhD in computer science, machine learning, robotics, or similar field, ideally focused on motion prediction, or 5+ years practical experience in data science, modeling, statistics, and analysis of large data sets
- Strong publication record in top journals and conferences (e.g., CVPR, NeurIPS, RSS)
- Fluency in Python, including standard scientific computing and deep learning libraries
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience using modern software engineering tools (e.g., version control, CI)
- Strong applied math background
- Detailed understanding of common Machine Learning and Deep Learning algorithms (e.g., for classification, regression, and clustering)
Bonus points (not required):
- Experience developing autonomous vehicles or robots
- Experience with Pytorch
- Experience with C++
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industrys largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the worlds first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the worlds most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the worlds largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
More Jobs From