Office Tour Photos
Desktop Metal is revolutionizing 3D printing of metal parts from prototyping to mass production. Our printers robust build processes create complex parts beautifully at a price attainable by any design and manufacturing team and can be used within an office environment. Our product engineering team is hiring a Senior Controls Engineer with experience programming industrial PLCs and motion control systems.
- Receive and evaluate ladder logic and SCL code from suppliers.
- Improve and document existing code.
- Write ladder logic, SLC, and other code to support machine motion and sensing
- Assist with the design, documentation and implementation of test plans.
- Debug and test PLC and other motion control code.
- Bring-up and test both prototype and production machines.
- Work with program management and regulatory teams.
- Create documentation for troubleshooting procedures of PLC systems.
- Facilitate and implement PLC communication with other systems.
- BS in Engineering: Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Robotics, etc.
- Skilled in the documentation of control systems, including system architecture and operation.
- Skilled in code architecture to allow future extensions of functionality.
- 5+ years of experience in PLC and motion control system programming for industrial systems.
- Experience with Siemens PLC and motion control systems.
- Experience with industrial automation sensors and actuators.
- Ability to devise and implement solutions based on observation and interaction.
- Diligence in revision control, commenting of code and documentation of critical design decisions.
- Willingness to work additional hours when necessary to meet critical project goals.
More Jobs From