Our Senior Research Engineer/Scientist will play a key role in making the vehicle of the future a reality by developing technologies that deliver a turnkey, fully autonomous driving system for our customers and enable Mobility on Demand (MoD). As we expand our global footprint, we are looking for exceptional perception engineering talent to research and apply innovative solutions to our products. Do you enjoy working with prototypes? Do you have a knack for developing algorithms to identify objects and occlusions? If the answers are yes, were looking for you.
What You'll Do:
- Develop perception algorithms to detect and identify objects, etc. for autonomous driving systems.
- Collect data and analyze results of benchmarks, road, and regression tests.
- Partner with colleagues to design innovative algorithms in motion planning, and control.
- Integrate perception software into prototype autonomous driving systems.
What You'll Bring:
- Masters or PhD degree in Robotics, ECE, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Experience with Radar, LiDAR, computer vision, sensor fusion, probabilistic perception, point cloud processing, object tracking, data association, optimization, and/or machine learning is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in C++, Python or other programming language.
- Experience with MATLAB.
- Experience with mathematical modeling.
- Experience with simulation environments
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to learn.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and creative thinking.
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industrys largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the worlds first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the worlds most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the worlds largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
More Jobs From