Senior Payroll Specialist
Wayfairs growing Payroll & Equity group is looking to add a Senior Payroll Specialist to the team. This employee will process and analyze multi-state U.S. payroll for 8,000+ exempt and non-exempt employees on a bi-weekly basis. The ideal candidate will be poised, organized, and have a strong attention to detailall while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality. With a solution-backed approach to problem solving, this member of the team will need to be a proactive, critical thinker, who will use innovative ideas to overcome challenges.
This Senior Specialist will act as a mentor and must be a strong team player. This person must have in depth knowledge of payroll wage and hour laws, federal, state, local tax laws as well as familiarity with all types of pre and post-tax benefits, 401K plans, and leave of absences rules and regulations.
- Maintains payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages
- Provides payroll information by answering employee questions and requests
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Oversee timecard process and correct errors, handle garnishments and employee tax changes as well as other benefits adjustments
- Act as a liaison with other business functions such as Human Resources
- 7+ years of payroll experience in a multi-state environment
- Knowledge of Excel is required
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience supporting a minimum of 1000 employees