Markforged is looking for a skilled and highly-motivated Senior Paralegal to join us as a key member of our legal team. In this high-profile role, you will be responsible for a broad range of corporate, compliance and operations matters. This is a great opportunity to make a huge impact at a dynamic and growing company. You will be based in our Watertown headquarters location and report to our General Counsel.
What will you own?
- Serve as a project manager, establishing and implementing efficient systems, processes and tools to help the legal team successfully scale to support the growth of a dynamic organization.
- Build and own the organization and maintenance of a filing system for contracts and legal documents, including administration of a contract management system and related workflows.
- Develop and maintain contract templates and prepare and negotiate standard contracts such as NDAs.
- Assist with the preparation of corporate governance documents, including policies, agendas, corporate resolutions and meeting minutes for board of director and committee meetings.
- Assist with ongoing public company matters, including compliance, reporting and the administration of a corporate compliance calendar.
- Maintain corporate record books and oversee periodic corporate filings for all domestic and international subsidiaries.
- Support strategic corporate transactions, including merger and acquisition activities and other special projects.
- Perform day-to-day administrative duties for the legal department.
- Oversee legal invoice and budget management.
- Assist with other general legal support as needed.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point were getting at, it doesnt hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- At least five years of relevant experience at an established law firm, a corporate legal department or a combination of the two.
- Bachelors degree; completion of ABA-approved paralegal program a plus.
- Extreme attention to detail, adaptability, problem-solving skills, intellectual maturity, business acumen, proactivity and a great attitude.
- Experience working with contracts management systems and other technical tools.
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills. Ability to interact effectively with individuals at all organizational levels, including executives and senior management
- Superior project management and organizational skills, with a focus on continuous process improvement
- An independent and strategic thinker who is a strong team player and who is willing to take on additional responsibilities.
- Self-motivation, strong work ethic, and the ability to prioritize and work well under pressure.
- We use Apple computers and Google collaboration tools. While experience with these tools is not required, the ideal candidate will be excited to broaden their knowledge and embrace change.