Our Platform Architecture team is in the process of implementing cloud services in a microservices architecture, and looking for top-notch Software Engineers to join our team. Our services are built in Node.js with a mix of Koa and Express, so experience with that is certainly preferred, but not required.
The work this team is doing will allow us to to deliver more products, and more features faster than ever before and will help us support those products and services in a user base that is projected to double every 3 years.
In this role, you will:
- Build solutions from their inception through production, from design, develop, test and deployment.
- Work with product owners to understand their needs and deliver solutions in a test and learn approach.
- Break larger services into microservices which are:
- Small, and independent
- Easy to learn, change, extend
- Enable self-service by service users
- Extensive professional experience (5+ years) writing web services at scale using one of Nodejs, Python, PHP, Ruby, Java, C#, or C++.
- Working familiarity with at least one other language and a willingness to work in a polyglot development environment.
- Thorough understanding of REST and web technology.
- Experience with cloud technology (AWS preferred) and designing solutions that leverage its unique advantages.
- Collaborative DevOps mindset and a passion for technology and learning. Enjoys mentoring teammates and helping everyone perform better.
- Practitioner of lean or agile software development principles and practices, understanding and advocating the importance of test automation, continuous delivery, continuous improvement, and value delivery.
If you enjoy working in a challenging environment and want the opportunity to build something brand new, we want to talk!
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a no-ego, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Bostons Best Places to Work in 2019 list and in Wealthfronts 2019 Career Launching Companies list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company youd enjoy working for, wed love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage - We cover 85% of plans and offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans
- Unlimited paid time off - To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek
- 401k Matching and Company Equity - To help you prepare for the future
- Commuter Pre-Tax Benefits - To help cover the costs of transportation and parking at our Downtown Boston HQ
- Beer Fridays, Bagel Thursdays, Bi-Weekly Lunches, Team and Company Outings We know how to have fun! Besides, who doesnt like free food and drinks?!