Office Tour Photos
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, were making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, were bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who were looking for:
Starry is seeking an outdoor wireless expert to join our growing team. You will support the Network Operations group operating our fiber, wireless, routing and IP transit assets for national backbone, regional backhaul, and last mile networks. Starry prides itself in innovating and controlling the entire customer experience of internet delivery to the end user, from the consumer friendly Starry Station Router, to our custom mm-wave networking equipment which delivers gigabit speeds over existing in-home cabling.
This position will focus on driving performance improvements of the RF links, both primary access and network backhaul. Using your expert level knowledge of RF link design, 802.11ax, AC, and other network protocols you will drive enhanced performance and customer experience.
- You will work with RF Planning Engineers to optimize and maintain performance of the mmWAve WAN network through expansion and growth.
- You will be a key contributor/leader for the WAN mmWave support for a 24/7/365 network operations team responding to outages advanced by the existing Tier-2 networking team.
- You will work closely with the deployment group to provide engineering, architectural, and debugging assistance in the last-mile areas of our network and middle backhaul.
- You will collaborate with the team to understand their needs and be responsible for the guidelines, standards, and tools used by them in each market to complete these tasks.
- You will collaborate with the Starry engineering team, which custom builds our wireless hardware, to improve the performance and operational abilities of its products.
- You will analyze system and network performance, implementing changes to improve throughput and effectively utilize resources.
- There may be travel up to 20% of the time to support network needs in remote markets.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or a related technical field
- 2+ years experience with configuring, operating, and solving problems in outdoor fixed wireless access (FWA) systems
- Microwave and millimeter wave, PTP and PTMP wireless backhaul
- CCNP Wireless or equivalent
- Fundamental RF Communication and DC Power Systems knowledge along with an ability to communicate principles and specifics to a non-technical (ELI5) and/or a 20+ year expert in the field
- Passion for Linux scripting, Python programming for networking, data capture, analysis, and automating mundane repetitive tasks
- Superior problem solving skills, and unflappable under pressure
- Creation of network documentation (standard design, schematics, processes, standard operating procedures) and administration of network systems
- Ability to foster strong internal and external relationships leading to business success.
Bonus Points if you have:
- Designed and optimized dense stadium, airport or campus outdoor WiFi systems
- Experience with carrier grade hardware: Cisco ASR, Juniper MX or Brocade MLX
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
More Jobs From