Senior Natural Language Processing (NLP) Data Scientist
Office Location| Boston, MA, US
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic individual to join our data science team. The role is a blend of hands-on data science work, an eye for innovation, and an understanding of the markets in which we work.
The new Sr. NLP Data Scientist will be part of the Global Data Science Team, based in our Boston headquarters.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Develop cutting edge text mining, text analytics and NLP machine learning algorithms
- Manage the creation, development, and iterative improvement to our multi-language training set for machine learning solutions that power our core product
- Deploy appropriate transfer learning techniques to improve training sets
- Create model comparison benchmarks and model selection processes
- Support the NLP engineers in model optimization and productization
- Help manage the crowdsourced data annotation partner to deliver on time and on budget
- Work with the Media team on creating and improving training data sets to train NLP models
- Liaising with the local-language analysts to ensure highest quality feedback loop into training set from ongoing client projects
- Manage strategy for media data collection and datasource merging for ML/AI modeling
- Work on Media data scraping algorithms
- Help managing Media data providing vendors and partners
- Research latest developments in AI and NLP to keep innovating our solutions and offerings
- 3+ years of experience in Text Analytics and NLP modeling and processing from the creation of the dataset to the final model in production
- 3+ years of data science experience, developing machine learning models, including deep learning models
- Strong data pre-processing and data manipulation skills
- Data quality and data cleansing techniques
- Strong knowledge of Python and relevant to data science Python packages and tools, including data visualization
- Advanced data analytics, building models in Python, R, programming languages and libraries
- Experience in multiple tools/language/frameworks within the Big Data (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, MongoDB, Neo4j, Hbase, Cassandra), and knowledge of SQL is a plus
- Understanding of Cloud Platforms (e.g. Azure / IBM / Google / AWS) and ability to use them for developing, training and testing deep learning models
- Familiarity with TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch
- Familiarity with autoML tools is a plus
- Understanding and experience of the principles of data strategy and architecture
You will also need to have
- 3+ years track record of managing data project delivery including ability to meet deadlines, overcome challenges, manage stakeholder expectations and produce clear deliverables
- Ability to develop new ideas into structured deliverables
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- A technical background and an academic scientific degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science or similar
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. is a plus
The RepTrak Company is the worlds leading reputation data and insights company. We provide the only global platform for data-driven insights on Reputation, Brand, and ESG. Our proprietary RepTrak model is the global standard for measuring and analyzing the sentiment of the world using proven data science models and machine learning techniques across industries and geographies.
Subscribers to the RepTrak Program use our predictive insights to protect business value, improve return on investment, and increase their positive impact on society. Established in 2004, The RepTrak Company owns the worlds largest reputation benchmarking database of over 1 million company ratings per year used by CEOs, boards, and executives in more than 60 countries worldwide.
The role encompasses a compensation package including a competitive salary and an annual performance bonus plan. Reptrak offers a full benefits program including company holidays, paid vacation, and more. The Reptrak Company is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.