What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The companys scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and So Paulo, Brazil.
As a Senior Mobile Product Manager at Indigo you will have the opportunity to collaborate with many teams across the organization in building out a transformational grower experience that meets our growers where they are - in the fields. We believe that a deep understanding of customer problems and behavior is critical to delivering value and is the cornerstone of what makes our product team tick.
In this role as a Senior Mobile Product Manager, you will lead the definition, development and adoption strategy for a Native App software offering to guide our growers on their journey to carbon farming. You will have responsibility for the overall success of the app, from market research to getting into the nitty gritty with your agile squad. You will balance the program requirements of the carbon credit process with the real human needs of growers making changes to their farming practices.
What does a successful product look like at Indigo?
Good products must be designed with an unwavering focus on the users they serve and the customers they ultimately benefit. You will take a lead role in understanding customer needs, how our business meets those needs, and how our technology can help the business do that better and more efficiently. There are many product lines or areas of innovation within the walls of Indigo and the external community. Understanding the user flows between the existing responsive web application and the IOS/Android apps will be key.
How do we work?
We are not perfect. In fact, we are learning through trial and error every day. We try new things, take risks, make educated guesses and move quickly. We are an agile shop, and believe that the trifecta of product management, software development and user experience design is the key to building the best software solutions. A growth mindset, excellent communication and collaboration skills are a must.
- Collaborate with multiple teams across the Indigo organization to help prioritize grower-facing features and set the short- and long-term vision for a new grower-facing mobile app
- Identify activities that are best-suited to a native app, and which tasks can be more effectively managed on web, and work with the web application product team to ensure a cohesive grower experience
- Understand market competition and product positioning
- Define the product roadmap for the grower-facing mobile app including fundamental architecture decisions in collaboration with engineering
- Collaborate with the design team to perform user research and usability testing to make the best decisions for our users at all stages of the product process
- Create and prioritize use cases
- Collaborate with Agronomic Product Development team and other agronomic colleagues to incorporate content and features that help growers learn about and implement new farm practices
- Coordinate investigations and mitigations when bugs or faulty processes threaten user experience or data quality
- Assume primary Product Ownership responsibilities (e.g., roadmap, user stories, prioritization, stakeholder buy-in, etc.) for the Native Mobile iOS and Android Apps
- Participate in agile software product management and development best practices
- Work closely with all internal product-related teams to ensure alignment across product development processes
- Ensure that voice of the customer is a key component in prioritizing and defining your work
- Establish clear and concise communications channels with stakeholders within the organization (i.e., Business, Agronomic Product Development, Launch Operations, Soil Carbon Science, Design, and Engineering) to provide context about the why and visibility into product decisions and process for decision making
- Establish trust with internal and external customers to allow for a regular cadence of communication that helps to get design feedback early and often
- Set clear expectations and be able to communicate the value of product investments to non-technical stakeholders in senior management and across the organization
- Partner with customer facing teams and marketing organizations to ensure continued adoption within key user segments
- Create clear documentation of features, user flows, and data structures
- Extensive experience in native mobile application development - both for IOS and Android. Experience successfully bringing new applications to market and promoting user adoption is preferred
- Current knowledge of the application testing, submission and approval processes
- Ability to balance customer-centricity, stakeholder expectations, and technical feasibility for software product area, clearly articulating tradeoffs
- Ability to define and gain buy-in from stakeholders and drive product vision for a specific software product area
- Ability to translate business needs into product roadmap and technology specifications and use cases; breaking down solutions to deliver incremental value
- Process orientation with strong time-management skills and demonstrated ability to change course as needed
- Demonstrates ability to effectively work as a member of a team, fiercely collaborative, with great listening and oral and written communication skills
- Able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions
- 7-10 years Product Management Experience
- 4+ years Native Mobile Product Management Experience
- Experience delivering mobile solutions that delight customers
- Experience working directly with IOS and Android software engineering teams in an agile/lean development environment
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow. As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.