We are looking to add C++ Engineers to play a key role in making the vehicle of the future a reality by developing technologies that deliver a turnkey, fully autonomous driving system for our
customers. Do you enjoy the challenge of working in a complex and growing system where
new features are being added and evaluated rapidly? Do you enjoy working closely with
roboticists and engineers to bring ground breaking algorithms from concept to prototype
and then from prototype to a product deployed in the real world at scale? If the answers
are yes, were looking for you.
What youll be doing:
- Use your top-notch software development expertise to inspire others to develop better software practices and principles.
- Work with other members of the Software Infrastructure team to design and develop software for the next generation of autonomous mobility platforms.
- Design and build new features, optimize the execution of algorithms and the flow of data, improve middleware and low-level software robustness and functionality.
- Collaborate with other software engineers and experienced roboticists to provide infrastructure functionality for autonomous driving algorithms, get software working on embedded hardware and build an in-vehicle platform for robo-taxi service development.
- Show initiative and be a valued team member in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork across locations is the norm
What we're looking for:
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent knowledge and work experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience in software infrastructure or embedded projects.
- Multi-threaded C++ (modern C++ preferred) development experience in a Unix/Linux environment and experience with Python.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles including requirements gathering, software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods.
Bonus Points (not required):
- Experience with safety certification (e.g. ISO 26262, IEC 61508, EN 5012X, DO-178B/C, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with fuzz testing is a plus.
- Experience with tools such as buildroot/yocto, conan and docker is a plus.
- Knowledge of the math behind robotics and sensor systems is a plus.
- Experience working with robotics and with robotics researchers is a plus.
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industrys largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the worlds first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the worlds most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the worlds largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
More Jobs From