Superpedestrian is engineering the future of Micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is comprised of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers ever assembled, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. We operate as LINK prioritizing safety from the inside out. Our unparalleled active vehicle monitoring, self-protection technologies, and robust mechanical design keep riders safe. Join us!
We are seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer with experience designing reliable mechanical systems and proven expertise in moving product from concept to volume production at overseas facilities. We are looking for an exceptional individual contributor who understands a diverse range of engineering disciplines and can guide the technical development of robust, reliable, and cost-effective products.
What you'll do:
- Lead projects and drive open issues to closure
- Provide impartial guidance and feedback on design concepts, analyses, and documentation
- Use best-practices to develop robust mechanical systems from concept to production
- Work DFM tasks and facilitate the transition toward high volume production.
- Perform advanced structural design, analysis, and optimization using analytic and FEA methods
- Evaluate and select various materials and processes for optimal performance and manufacturability.
- Determine the appropriate methods of test for both prototype and production level hardware.
- Engage in cross-company collaboration between electrical, firmware, design, and other teams.
- Work with worldwide supply chain to develop components, sub-assemblies products that are cost-effective, reliable and timely
What you'll bring:
- History of innovative, creative solutions to difficult design challenges
- Knowledge of high-reliability cost-conscious transportation and mobility systems
- Experience designing integrated electro-mechanical assemblies
- 12+ years of experience
- MS/BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Proficiency in CAD modeling, preferably Solidworks
- Ability to mentor and develop junior mechanical engineers
- Experience working through DFM process with suppliers to reduce part cost and improve quality
- A rigorous understanding of design for volume production standards and practices
- Demonstrated experience bringing a product from initial concept to volume manufacturing
- Experience with design for reliability and reliability testing is a plus
- Competitive benefits with company subsidized medical, dental, vision & disability insurance and a 401k plan. Generous time off policy.
- On the job training with a leadership team that is committed to growth and development of all employees.
- A team of awesome, like-minded, driven people that support each other, and mentors from across the top echelons of industry.
- The chance to have your voice heard and help shape Superpedestrians future.
- Equity in a fast growing company.
- A commitment to an actively anti-racist environment.
IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD HANDS-ON TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE WITHIN THE PAST TWO YEARS, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY
Superpedestrian actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please still apply! Wed love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.