Senior Marketing Manager
Amazon Alexa is looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to join a newly launched product: Alexa Answers. Your goal is to improve the experience for all Alexa Answers contributors and inspire new people to come to Alexa Answers. The role requires a wide variety of responsibilities and skill-sets including community building, social media management, marketing , and product support. The core tenet for the role is to ensure open communications between Alexa Answers developers and the community of contributors.
The candidate must also have proven data analysis skills and success increasing customer discovery and adoption of new products, as well as be a passionate advocate for customers, their on-site experience, and their ongoing interaction with Amazon. The role will also require knowledge of a wide range of marketing disciplines including direct response, email marketing, non-traditional marketing, content management and online merchandising. The Community Manager will dive deep into marketing analytics to make optimization recommendations, and think big about scalable community outreach programs.
· Stay in close communication with our community of contributors. Make sure that our team understands contributor sentiment, questions, and feedback on an ongoing basis, and our contributors know that we’re listening.
· Keep our contributor community informed on the latest best practices and site changes.
· Build out channel strategies (email, Amazon.com etc) that maximize discoverability and conversion for new users and educates existing users.
· Drive marketing campaigns, encompassing US and international initiatives, including but not limited to emails and banner ads.
· Work with the product team to ensure that contributor feedback (both implicit and explicit) is being leveraged in our overall product roadmap.
· Work with our business intelligence team to identify key inflection points for contributors and build out automated programs to engage, improve and retain them.
· Works with our business development team on new partnership opportunities with other interest communities.
· Provide insights to drive an informed community building strategy based on key metrics, historical data, and trend reporting.
· Own reporting of key content and marketing metrics to the leadership team and broader organization.
· Earn trust and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholder teams to drive program support.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Communication
· 5+ years of experience in community management, digital marketing or product management
· Experience developing and implementing marketing plans that drive customer demand using a variety of marketing tools
· Experience jumpstarting communities
· MBA or Master’s degree in marketing, communication or product management field
· Proven experience managing large amounts of data, including customer segments and online campaign metrics.
· Track record of managing and optimizing online traffic growth from multiple sources including, direct traffic, search marketing, banner ads, social, and email.
· Excellent cross-group collaboration skills
· Ability to impact outcomes in a fast-paced environment
· High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
· Strong analytic and quantitative skills - ability to use data to develop and measure marketing programs
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.